two

Glancing over the big sign hanging at their neighbor house, Jayeon was suprised by the house getting sold for new owners

The gil walked towards her house with big steps, feeling the air brushing through her dark brown hair which almsot reached her chest length. She really needed to get done a new hair cut, not visiting a hair salon for years since her mother didn't allow her to cut her hair.

But now Jayeon was almost 18, feeling aware of her actions and doings so she could easily go ahead against her mom, whatever she would say the next time.
Even as she unlocked the door, entering the two-story apartment she could already hear her mom's voice trying to talk to her youngest daughter.

"Why are you so late Jayeon?"
Her mom shouted, the girl assumed her to be in the kitchen due to the fact that there were cooking sounds in the background.

Jayeon's pov:

"I visited Janmi, she's sick"
I shouted back,replying to her previous question. I carefully slipped off my shoes as i placed them back in the small shoe shelf our family uses. Almost the whole shelf was full with Yunjil's branded shoes, some prada boots and also a lot of high heels.

Yunjil already visits the college, working as an employee in a restaurant part-time which is where she gets all the money from. As an adult she always tries to make me bad in still going to high school although it was my last year. It just started yet but it was still the last.

Since mom didn't reply back, i just quickly went upstairs, heading towards my room as i threw my bagback in one corner of my room. I didn't care about the books inside since i just let my body fall on my bed, groaning in exhaustion.

Meeting him alone wasn't the best start for the way i wanted to go by just trying to stay calm around him but avoid being alone with him. My deepest inside surely wanted to spend time with him so bad but i couldn't go that far. I'd never hurt Minji. As much as i wanted to, i couldn't enjoy seeing them as a couple, it hurts. I can't just turn off my feelings for him in a moment.

"Mom said meal is ready, be prepared if she says she didn't make enough for all of us"
My sister's annoying voice reached my ears when my face still lay flat on the blanket, msyelf not showing any motivation to spend time with my family now.
Sometimes i wouldn't even get something to eat since my mom puts my dad's and sister's eat schedule as her first priority.

"Mhm"
I just hummed in response as i slowly got up, not motivated to do anything the next hours. But i had to. At least i had to see my parents once this day. If not i would just be called as the ungrateful daughter who just hides herself instead of helping in the household.

"Fine, you're finally here"
Dad said annoyed as he took a seat on his chair, right next to mine. I also sat down, dad and me facing Yunjil and Mom straightly since they sat across us.