04

+-[ Kara Volpe]-+

While the rest of the newly formed quintet entered the shop, Kara stayed outside. A few minutes ago, he and the tolerable members of the group met with Susie. Kara couldn't properly pay attention to what happened afterwards, he honestly only knew because of his strange ability of "recording" what happened in reality while he was in his own world of wonders and worries.

   "I'll stay outside to keep watch." He had said when Kris started to lead them into the shop. Though Ralsei had replied saying,

   "There's no need for that, no one is going to ambush us while we're shopping."

    Kara insisted. Not because he was going to keep watch, though he was partly doing that too, but because he had reached his limit.

    He didn't go far, not nearly as far as before, but enough that no one could see or hear him from inside the raggedy looking shop. The moment he was out of earshot, he almost fell over, using his right forearm to lean against a tree. He put his hand over his mouth to muffle the coughs that came pouring out of him.

    1...

    2...

   3...

   4...

  5 coughs in total. Each cough took 10 dmg. Kara used their left arm to take a handful of grass out of his pocket.

    6...

    7...

    2 more coughs came out before he could eat the grass in hand. As he did, he felt better, and the coughs calmed down, and all HP was restored. "H...how long am I going to be able t...to withstand this?..." They mumbled, sounding horace, and somewhat pathetic and desperate. Kara knew thinking about it would only make it worse. He heard a few footsteps. He steadied himself quickly, acting like nothing happened, and turned toward the noise.

   There stood Susie, and then Mizuki appeared behind her.

   "What are you doing, loser?" Susie asked, but in a way that showed she didn't really care, and she was just asking so that she could make fun of him. "And... What are those purple stains around your mouth?"

    "Kara, the moment I leave you alone, you eat more grass..." Mizuki sighed, walking towards him.

   "But it's good." Kara pouted, crossing his arms.

   "You... you eat grass?" Susie stared at him.

   "Yeah, and you don't get to say shit about it, Ms. Chalk-Chomper." He rolled his eyes at Susie. At least I can distract myself now. Bullying and teasing 'Ms. I'm-better-than-you' will be plenty of fun. Kara smiled mischievously, enjoying the very thought of the idea.

   "Tsk, wipe that dumb look off your face, weirdo." Susie growled. Ralsei and Kris joined the scene before she could continue.

   "You two... we don't need to fight, alright?" Ralsei put his hands up to try and stop them both from brawling.

   "We aren't fighting. Unlike Susie, I can control any and all urges to be violent. I'm merely using my words to show how I feel... and how stupid and angerable Susie is." Kara responded, receiving a bop on the head from Mizuki.

   "Kara!" She scolded. Mizuki turned to Ralsei with a sigh. "Don't worry, Ralsei, they're just... like this, for some reason."

   "I'm sure they'll get along better once they share more fond memories together. Like saving the world!" He smiled.