07

+-[ Mizuki Solace ]-+

"W...Wait a sec, where's the box thing?" Susie asked after 2 seconds of silence.

   "I'd rather not waste time explaining." Kara replied, readying his scissors.

   "Kara! You aren't thinking about fighting them, are you?..." Ralsei nervously asked.

   "I won't do any serious damage. I plan on mostly using defensive attacks." He answered. "If they won't sit down and listen willingly, then we gotta force it through their thick heads."

   Mizuki looked back and forth between everyone involved. She was too scared to do anything. In the battle room, sure it was scary, but all Mizuki really had to do was make a choice! Kris was the only doing the heavy lifting there. But now, everyone had free reign of what they could do. Mizuki couldn't stand still anymore. She had to do SOMETHING to survive this!

   "As Karamel said, let's not waste time talking!" Susie swung her ax at Kara from above. Without looking away from Ralsei, Kara raised his arm that was holding his weapon, and blocked the attack.

   "Quote me properly." With the ax in the air, being held at bay with the silver scissors, Kara raised his leg and kicked Susie right in the stomach to throw her backward.

   "Kara!" Ralsei yelled.

   "It's not serious damage. Not even a bruise." Kara responded.

   "E-Even if this wasn't wrong, you can't take both Lancer and Susie on at once! You're the only one on our side who wants to fight!"

   "Don't underestimate me. I could take 10 Lancer's and 5 Susie's. Or more." Kara finally looked away from Ralsei to deflect Lancer's spades. "If you aren't going to help me out here, I'd recommend— no, insist that you all retreat to a safe place."

   "We can't do that! We're not just going to leave you here!"

   Kara took a long breath, and continued to deflect Susie's ax and Lancer's flying spades with his scissors.

   "Kara, there's another way, there has to be!" Ralsei yelled.

   "Shut up, toothpaste boy!" Susie snarled at him. Mizuki, who was just a standing bystander alongside Kris, started shaking.

   What is Kara thinking? She asked herself. As she was watching, the yelling from Ralsei and the unconcerned replies from Kara started to fade out. No, what am I thinking?! I have to do something! But, what? She thought. She pondered what she needed to do, until she heard Kara say something.

   "If there is another way, you guys have to figure it out." He dodged out of the way from Lancer's bike, and blocked another attack from Susie's ax.

   ...Kara, what do you mean by— wait! Mizuki took an embarrassingly long time to figure out Kara's plan was here. She should've seen it from the start. She looked over at Kris, who was for once showing some sort of reaction to the situation. They looked concerned about the scene unfolding in front of them, like how Mizuki did a moment ago. "Kris!" She whispered to get their attention. They moved their head to face her.

   "Kara is buying us time! Susie and Lancer are focused on him because he's the only one fighting back. He needs the rest of us to come up with how we peacefully defeat them, while he keeps them distracted!" Mizuki explained. Kris appeared relieved at that information. They nodded and took their shield out. They ran over to Ralsei, and took them back over to Mizuki while shielding any attacks that might've hit them.

   "Guys, we have to get them to stop–!"

   Kris covered his mouth that was already covered by his scarf so Mizuki could explain.