𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

DODGE AND RAY WERE THE FINAL TWO, HEADING TO JOUST

DODGE AND RAY WERE THE FINAL TWO, HEADING TO JOUST. Heather had her individua challenge, which involved her sister being locked in a cage with a tiger. Hadley was really confused about the details, and that challenge was absolutely insane. However, the judges did not seem to think that saving her sister from a hungry tiger was enough to get her to Joust, so it was down to Ray and Dodge.

Hadley could not sleep because of how awful she felt about what she did to Ray, so that was why she knocked on his brother's hospital door. Luke Hal had gotten beat up to the point that almost his entire body was covered in casts and bandages. She heard his voice tell her to come in, and she opened the door and stepped inside.

He looked up, and he seemed shocked to see her because he had been expecting a nurse or Sarah. He glanced down at the flowers in her hand as she placed them on the bedside table. "Hey, um, here."

"What are you doing here?" he asked, not returning the greeting.

She felt scared because she realized that coming in there while he was grieving the injury of his brother was probably not the most appropriate time to say what she needed to say. She glanced between him and the man in the bed. She had met Luke Hall only once a couple of years ago at one of the town's events, definitely not well enough to be there and bringing him flowers. "I, uh, I came to say I'm sorry."

"You didn't beat him up," he sighed sarcastically, and both of their lips turned upwards slightly as they made eye contact. Hadley was glad that they were in a situation that he could make a joke. She was scared at he hated her.

"You know what I mean," she chuckled out. She took a deep breath before starting to speak very fast. "I'm sorry for how I treated you at the Graybill House. I was so out of line, and you didn't deserve that. And I'm sorry that I assumed you didn't care, and I'm sorry that I thought you were the one that told the judges about my fear."

When he saw that she was freaking out and not taking breaths, he stood up from his chair and grabbed her arms, causing her to shut up and look up at him. "Hey, hey, hey, you're forgiven. Holding a grudge against you takes a lot of energy, and I have too much on my mind."