four. darkness

Ari saw nothing but a cloud of infinite darkness. She thought that she was dead or in a coma, but she wasn't, all she could do was open her eyes to let in the bright light coming in from the windows.

    She didn't know where she was, and she had no recollection of what had happened. Her brain was foggy. All she knew was that she had a major headache that made even lifting her head a pain, and patches of dry blood on her body.

"What happened?" She sat up quickly feeling every single hit she didn't know she took, examining the room and the one other person in it.

"You got in a fight with Luke, and somehow survived. You passed out from shock and hit your head on the way down.." Jordan said in their female form, writing something down on a piece of paper.

"What are you doing here?" She asked them with confusion.

      Jordan scoffed, finding it ridiculous that, that was one of her first questions, not why, not how it happened, but what they were doing there.

"This is my dorm room." They spoke as if it was obvious, as if she should have automatically known that it was theirs.

"Then what the fuck am I doing here?" She hissed, not liking the fact that she was in a room with her enemy.

"You hit your head, your roommate left for the night to be with her parents, Andre is taking care of Cate, and everyone else is still in a shock."

"From what?"

"Fuck you ask a lot of questions." They griped, frustrated, and still hurt from the previous events.

"I need to know what happened."

"You mean you don't remember anything?" They paused. "Nothing at all?"

"Nothing."

"Fuck. I only heard about it after it happened because Luke knocked me out too."

"What happened, is Luke okay?" She was suddenly concerned.

"Luke is dead. He killed himself after everything ."

"Shit. Did he just randomly start attacking us?"

"He killed Brink, then we held him off while Marie ran away, that's who he was chasing."

"Are you okay?" She didn't like them, but she knew how much Brink meant to them. He was the only person with authority that took them seriously, almost like a father figure.

They stayed quiet, letting the silence answer for them.

"Fuck I'm so sorry."

"Don't go fucking soft on me. You might not remember our last conversation, but I do."

    "What was it about, how big of an asshole you are?" She joked, knowing they needed something to lift their spirit.

    "Basically, and you told me to stay the fuck away from you. So there's that."

    "You're not doing a very good job of it."

    "You can leave." They made a joke back, the first time both of them had ever been able to make jokes to each other without the other going off.

     "But my heads fucking pounding. It's like I literally got hit in the head with a hammer."

     "Aspirin?"

     "Fuck yes. And water."

     "Does this look like a maid service?" They asked grabbing the aspirin from one of their drawers, and a cup of water.