twenty two. died for you

Ari wasn't sure what to do, just the mere thought of her father in the hospital scared her. Thehospital brought back terrible memories memories she wished she could erase from her head until she remembered that she actually did have some of her memories wiped, when Cate decided to get rid of the real accident from her head...

That wasn't going to cure her of everything. In the back of her mind she knew she would never be able to forget her mother, or what happened to her.

Her mother was everything to her, and when she died from a surprise attack from one of her father enemies, she felt a little piece of herself die too, one that she never thought she would get back, not until Jordan reappeared in her life.

     Now she was leaving jordan to be at the place she hated the most, perhaps a place that was worse than 'the woods' for her, though she knew others that had actually been there would choose a simple hospital visit to a lifetime in confinement.

   Ari walked down the hallway alone as she basked in the silence. The halls were empty, she saw only a few nurses occupying them the whole time she was there, and it made her even more uneasy. She didn't like silence either. It reminded her of how alone she once felt, even when school first began. She had no friends, and even less no family. Now she had connected to her brother for the first time in years, gotten back with Jordan and made new friends, just because the school just so happened to be corrupt.

   When she finally reached her dads room she stopped to take a big breath, but nothing could prepare her for the sight of what looked like her dads lifelessbody.

   "Andre what happened?" She asked once she finally found the courage to walk in.

   "He had a seizure on live tv, and even worse almost crushed me and all of the paramedics on the way here. They don't know if he'll wake up." He looked down, seated in one of the hospital chairs.

   "How does this happen?" She asked innocently, to her just the idea of a supe being hurt meant danger. Supes were supposed to be the protectors,  the heroes, and indestructibly. Polarity now was anything but indestructible.

  "I don't know."

  "First mom, now..." She doubted that he would ever wake up again, he looked almost dead.

  "Don't fucking say it Ari." Andre snapped, this might be the man he always got into arguments with, but he was his dad.

  "I'm sorry. It's true. Something like this has never happened to a supe before, not like this. He should be up by now."

  "He'll wake up. I know he will." He almost sounded like he was trying to convince himself that instead of Ari.

  "Andre..." she wasnt okay with her father dying, not at all, but she was used to not having him or Andre around, used to being the one who was shunned or kicked out fro the family because of something she didn't even do, and was framed for. So in this moment instead of being sad, like she thought she would be when she came to the hospital, her whole demeanor changed, she was mad... Mad because she knew that if her mom was still there she would have never treated her like that, she would have taken her side over anyones. And she knew that if her father never became Polarity, her mother would still be alive.

   "I know what you're thinking."

   "Do you, now?"