What Will Become Of Us

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: 

I entered my room, slamming the door behind me. I tossed my shoes off and ran towards my bed, head diving in it. I started sobbing. I could hear Hannah sigh and jump out of her bed, before she sat next to me, kindly caressing my back. ''Do you wanna talk about it?'' she asked quietly. I nodded my head in a no-motion. Right now it all was very overwhelming. 

The rest of the day Hannah and I talked everything through in our room. Only leaving to eat lunch, entering our room again afterwards. I also didn't see Mattheo in the dining hall, which made me equally relieved and sad.

Hannah looked at me and frowned ''I'm gonna punch him in the face!'' she said angrily. I chuckled. I could only imagine the scenario, and to think Hannah could even manage to lay her tiny hands on him made me chuckle. I looked down at my feet. ''It's okay.. I didn't know what got ahead of me..'' I said and sighed. ''To think I stood a chance with him was dumb of me..'' i continued. Hannah sighed. ''Y/N, you truly deserves better than someone like him. Don't get me wrong, I just mean, someone who actually treats you with love'' she said, looking at me. ''Not someone who's just a mean a-hole towards you'' she continued. 

We talked and talked. And it did actually help. It was a big burden being released from my shoulders, to actually let out my heart completely. 

Hannah stretched her arms in the air and looked at me, smiling. ''Now, enough of them stupid boys'' she said, smirking. ''Let's have some fun. Afterall it's only saturday, and the night is yet young'' she said. I looked at her and returned her smile. ''What do you have in mind?'' I asked. She looked at me and squealed ''Mooovie-night!''. I sighed. I felt it as a punch in my stomach, as my mind started imagining Mattheo sleeping next to me the night before. ''Fine..'' I replied. ''But first, we need candy - And lots of it!'' I said. Hannah looked at me ''well, get dressed then'' she said, ''we're going to Honeydukes!''. I stood up and lifted Mattheo's hoodie over my head. I smelt it briefly. Gosh. It smelt heavenly like him. I placed it on my bed and got my jacket, boots and hat on. It was fucking cold outside. Cold like Mattheo's hollow heart.

We entered the hallway, towards the exit, while we talked. Hannah said something funny, and I cracked up, which made the both of us laugh. I felt a pair of eyes piercing me and stopped promptly, as I looked up. In front of me Mattheo stood, a girl with brown hair slithered up his arm. I clenched my jaw, and he must've noticed, cause he stretched his arm towards me, quietly saying ''Y/N, can we talk?'', I pulled my arm towards me and took a step back. ''Have you lost your mind?'' I hissed at him. He broke free from the girl, raising his arms in defeat and started walking backwards. ''Fuck you'' he hissed at me. 

I briefly closed my eyes, before turning to look at Hannah. She glared after Mattheo, sticking her middle finger up. ''Asshole!'' she shouted after him, as he turned around the corner. 

Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to a whole month. I had several nights sobbing alone at the Astronomy Tower. I felt numb. My heart actually physically hurt. Mattheo ignored me, and didn't even glare at me. He was back with his old group, joking with the boys, Astoria clinging to his arm constantly. The sight of them made me sick. 

Only thing that actually made just a tiny amount of sense in my pathetic life were Hannah and the fact, that christmas break was coming. I looked forward to be leaving the school, and spend christmas back home with my dad. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------