Lightning Strikes

CHAPTER THIRTYTHREE: (Y/N POV:)

Nearly half a year had passed since Mattheo's birthday. We avoided eachother at all costs, and I mostly stuck to myself or were being with Hannah. Theo insulted me in italian at any chance he got, Enzo death glared at me, Draco kept threathening me that his father would hear about it. Tom were downright cruel and kept threathening to obliviate me. The only thing that hurt me were Mattheo avoiding me. I missed him like crazy all the time. His words burned in my chest. You fucking bitch! I flinched at my own thought and kept walking down the corridor. Perhaps I were a fucking bitch. How could I.. And on his birthday.. I sighed and turned around a corner. I saw Mattheo leaning up against the wall with a girl. He had his hand on the wall and he leaned in and kissed her passionately. 

Fuck. It felt as a punch in my stomach. I felt physically ill. I blinked my eyes and hoped not to cry, as I stormed past them without even glaring at them. I could literally feel his cold smirk at me. 

Our next class were Divination with professor Trelawney. We were studying tasseomancy (the art of reading tea leaves) when professor Trelawney came close to my face and glared at me. ''What do you see in your cup, miss Y/L/N?''. The whole class were silent as they stared at me. I looked in my cup and shook my head. ''I don't know..'' I nearly whispered. Trelawney took my cup and looked in it. ''Oh, yes, yes..'' she said. I furrowed my brows. She showed me the cup. ''Look here, darling'' she said and continued. ''The broken heart. You've experienced true love being ripped from you'' she said and glared at me. ''Am I right?''. I shrugged. ''No, you're actually not!'' I said, stood up, grabbed my books and stormed out the classroom. She looked at Hannah who sat across from me. ''Did I say something wrong?'' she said. ''Well, let's continue''. I hid in the nearest broomcloset and sat there until our next class. It were Potions, and I entered the classroom as the first student. I were greeted by a new professor. He smiled at me. ''Hello, young miss'' he said and continued, reaching his hand out to me. ''I'm professor Slughorn. Horace Slughorn''. I shook his hand. ''I'm Y/N - Y/L/N'' I said quietly. The rest of the students entered the classroom. Slughorn presented himself once again in front of the class. ''Today we'll be brewing a potion called Amortentia'' he said. People started whispering in the corners about it being a love potion. ''Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. It is distinctive for its mother-of-pearl sheen, and steam rises from the potion in spirals. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them'' Slughorn said. ''I have a done potion here. Who would like to demonstrate in front of the class?'' he said and glared at all of us with a smile. Nobody volunteered. Theo stood in the back with the group of boys when he shouted ''I'm sure Y/N would love to!''. I heard all of them laughing. I death glared at them, and saw Mattheo smirk at me. He stood with his arm around the girl I saw him with in the corridor. ''Very good!'' Slughorn said. ''Come, dear, come on up here!''. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly before I entered next to professor Slughorn. I glared at the potion. Slughorn looked at me. ''Put your head above the kettle and take a deep breath''. I did as told and placed my head above the kettle. I looked down at it, before I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Letting the smell fill my nostrils. ''So?'' Slughorn said. ''Please explain what you smell''. I stood for a brief second. A familiar smell hit me. ''I- I..'' said and continued. ''I smell something familiar. A hint of citrus. It smells musky and spicy. Like someone fresh out the shower. It smells like summer and winter at once. Like sun and snow. Like home..'' I faintly whispered and opened my eyes. I looked up and a pair of eyes pierced mine. Then it hit me like a train. I smelt Mattheo's cologne! Mattheo turned around and stormed out of the classroom, leaving his group in wonder. I looked at Slughorn. ''Professor?'' I asked quietly. ''Can I leave and use the restroom?'' I said. He nodded at me and kept lecturing the others. I hurridly went out in the hallway and looked around. No sight of Mattheo. I walked down the hallway a bit and entered around the corner. I saw Mattheo sitting at a bench. He looked up at me.