Helping out

"Well....goodbye."

With that said, she simply turns around and leaves. Bolt immediately runs after her.

"Hey, wait up!" He shouts as he runs up by her side and walks beside her, "Please don't leave! I wanna talk to you!"

"I'm not staying to chat."

She continues to walk, showing no interest in the Siamese cat. Bolt remains determined to get her to stay.

"But I have some questions to ask you! Please, I could really use your help!"

Kiera keeps walking despite his pleads. She heads back to her house, walking in and shutting the door behind her, taking her trench coat off and hanging it up. She heads over to the cozy couch, then turns around to see Bolt outside of the window, freezing in the snow. He looks sad and pleading, giving her puppy dog eyes. She watches as he shivers and sniffles, before her face softens as she lets out a sigh, heading over and opening the door for him.

His eyes light up as he quickly runs to the door, smiling brightly at her.

"Can I come in?" He asks in an almost excited way.

Kiera sighs, "Fine. Just try not to annoy me."

He smiles and hops up and down slightly, quickly rushing into the warmth of her house. He takes in the interior of her home, seemingly liking it.

He gives her a soft smile, "Thank you for letting me in. Do you mind if I ask some questions?"

She sighs, "Fine. Ask away."

He smiles happily, "Alright, so, first of all, have you fought those wolves before?"

"Yes, many times."

"So you fight often?"

"Yes."

His smile grows, "Can you fight without a sword as well if you needed to?"

"Of course. Fighting with a sword is simply what I like best."

"Great! I have a huge favour to ask of you, Kiera."

"And that would be?"

"So, I'm on a mission, and I could really use some help, and you seem like the perfect cat to help me! So, there's this demon, goes by the name of Azitras. He's a highly powerful demon, and intends to take over our world!"

"Classic demon."

He chuckles, "Yep. My father had kept him locked up for many years, and after he passed away, I was expected to do the same. But I messed up and he broke free! Now I have to stop him before he enslaves the whole world! But I can't do that on my own! My powers aren't as strong as I need them to be yet..."

Kiera looks at him in confusion, "Powers?"

"Yeah! Powers! See?" He says, as he spreads his hands apart, a streak of lightning connecting them, "Lightning powers! I can do a lot more, though it's probably best to not do it inside."

"Hm. Neat."

"Very neat! But it's not enough to stop Azitras! That's why I need your help!"

"I don't believe the two of us alone can stop a demon." She sits on the couch, laying down and tilting her cap down, closing her eyes.

He stands beside the couch, "No no! Not alone! That's another reason I need your help! You could help me find the rainbow cats!"

"The what?" Her eyes remain closed.

"Rainbow cats! Six different cats, all with great god-like powers! We'll need them to help us defeat Azitras!"

"And where would these cats be?"

"That's the thing. I'm not too sure...I know the lands they all live in, but I don't know exactly where they all are...But please, Kiera! You've gotta help me!"

"No. Not interested."

He sounds desperate, "I-I promise you, it'll be worth it! Plus, I'm sure you get lonely here. You could use someone to talk to!"

She thinks for a moment, "Thatssss...true."

"Please!", he begs, giving her the puppy dog eyes, "I'll do anything!"

She sighs, "Fine, fine. I'll help."

He hops up and down, "Thank you, thank you, thank you! We'll leave first thing tomorrow, so back your bags! Make sure you bring plenty of food and water, if you can."

She opens her eyes, sitting up on the couch, "of course, I'm always prepared."

"Great! Is it alright if I stay here for the night?"

"Might as well." 

She gets up and motions for him to follow as she walks into a room. A nice, cozy little bedroom.

She speaks up, "You can sleep in here."

"Thanks again. I'll see you in the morning. Goodnight Kiera!"

He hops onto the bed, pulling the covers over him as he quickly falls asleep.

Kiera sighs, "Goodnight, Bolt."

She closes the door, walking over to the couch as she picks up a blanket and lays down herself. She closes her eyes, trying to sleep.

The next morning...

As morning comes, Kiera wakes. She managed to get in a few good hours of sleep, surprisingly. She yawns and stands up, as she heads into the kitchen to make breakfast. As she enters the kitchen, she sees two plates of bacon, eggs, and toast on the counter. She looks over to see Bolt cleaning up.

He smiles as he sees her, "Morning, Kiera! Sleep well?"

She ignores his question, "You made breakfast?"

His smile grows, "Sure did! Figured I might as well!"

"Well then, thank you. I'll eat in a bit, I'm gonna go get packed."

She heads into her room to start packing. Bolt finishes cleaning, sitting down and eating his breakfast.

After about ten minutes, Kiera returns with a black backpack in hand, setting it down and heading to the pantry to pack some food. She grabs as much as she can, along with some water bottles as she puts it all into the backpack. She sets it back down, sitting down beside Bolt as she eats her breakfast.

Once they both finish, Kiera puts their plates into the sink, quickly cleaning them.

She finishes up, "Alright, let's go."

Bolt smiles and hops up, rushing over to the door. Kiera throws on her black trench coat, grabs her bag and her sword, putting it on her back and heading over to Bolt. He holds the door open for her as she heads out, Bolt following close behind.

They both step out into the cold snowy forest, the snow still falling at a rapid pace. The snow crunches beneath Kiera's feet as she takes a few steps forward. Bolt pulls out a map, looking it over.

Kiera looks off into the distance, "Alright Bolt...lead the way."