Pirate pal

I would just like to thank the few people who are reading my book all the way through, it's appreciated. If anyone has any suggestions for characters or anything, please feel free to tell me in the comments! :)

All of the others are woken by the morning sun shining through the opening in the train cart. Looking over, they all see Kiera sitting on the edge, writing stuff down as quickly as she can. Veo raises an eyebrow, walking over to her and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You good? Damn, you look like you haven't slept all night." Veo says.

"Not at all. I'm running on one hour of sleep and a cookie that I found in my backpack." She says, still keeping her attention on the notebook.

"Oh god dammit Kiera get some sleep!" Veo says.

"Nope. Now is not time for sleep."

"Fine then, be like that." Veo sighs.

"Oh! Looks like are next stop will be coming up shortly! We get to sail the seas! This'll be fun!" Bolt pipes.

"Ugh...water. Eh, could be worse, I guess." Kiera huffs.

"Ooooo...you mean we'll be like pirates? Cool!" Pipit says with a happy twirl.

Veo looks at Kiera with a stern glare, "You're gonna be resting while we sail."

"I refuse to sleep when I'm on water."

"You don't have a choice."

"Damn you."

Veo sits beside Kiera, taking her notebook and reading through it to see what was causing her to stay up all night. "Holy shit...how'd you manage to plan all of this?" He questions in shock.

"Uh...random midnight boost of energy," she answers.

"Eh, sounds about right." He says, handing the notebook back to her.

"Here we are!" Bolt exclaims, leaning out of the cart and pointing out at the sea. He hesitates, not wanting to hop out of a moving train, whereas Pipit's so excited that she simply doesn't care, grabbing Lily's basket in one hand, which also contains Blibzy, Creamsicle, and Angel, and uses her other hand to pick up Eve as she runs out of the moving cart and surprisingly sticks the landing.

Veo smirks and follows close after, grabbing Kiera's hand and jumping out of the train with her, the two sliding down the hill the tracks are on for a bit on their feet before finally coming to a stop.

Trooper immediately follows Kiera, hopping out and running over to her, leaving Bolt being the only one on the train. He takes a deep breath, closing his eyes before jumping.

Kiera sighs, catching the wimpy Siamese in her arms. Bolt opens one eye, smiling and opening the other when he sees Kiera. "Hello." He says with a bright smile.

She pats his head and sets him down onto his feet, starting to walk over to the docks, the others following her towards the miles of water.

They reach the docks, which are surrounded by a village, multiple sailors making up the population. The smell of fish fills all of their nostrils, looking around to see many shops for fish, lobster, and more. Kiera keeps a straight face, completely unbothered while Bolt covers his little black nose, not liking the scent. The others simply attempt to block out the scent, doing a fairly good job.