021💞

Esmè knew how she wanted revenge on Patrick Blake. He had physically hurt her sister and she wanted to make him pay.

She hadn't talked to Warren about it as she knew he would want to get Charlee away. But they needed to do be discreet. To make sure he wasn't going to find out.

Warren had been trying to talk her into having another baby. Esmè didn't feel ready. Especially not after all that had happened before.

She knew she and Warren had overcome everything that had happened. He had taken her daughter and run. But they had gotten through it and they were happy.

But Esmè didn't want to run the risk that it would happen again. She knew she loved him. But she just couldn't risk it happening again.

All she knew was that she needed to somehow make it work. And to talk Warren into not wanting another baby. 

Morning came and she woke in bed. She looked to see Aria as she slept next to her. She kissed her head and got out of bed.

Warren was sitting in the living room. He looked to her and smiled. "You okay babe?" He asked.

Esmè nodded. She sighed and smiled. "I've been thinking. Maybe we shouldn't have another baby just yet. I want to focus on us and Aria," she said.

Warren frowned. "I thought we were happy? I thought another baby was what we wanted?" He asked.

"It is. Just not yet. I don't feel ready. And I can't be a good mum if I'm not ready. I don't want to end up struggling with being a mum. And we're just back on track after all that's happened," she said.

"You mean you don't trust me to not run off again? Just admit it Esmè. You don't trust me with our kids," he said.

Esmè shook her head. "No. It's not that Warren. I just don't feel ready yet. Aria had cancer for crying out loud. And there's a chance it could come back. So I don't want to pressure ourselves," she told her.

Warren said nothing as he stood and walked off. Esmè knew he was upset. But there was nothing she could do about it.

***
Esmè walked through the village after she had taken aria to daycare. She saw Charlee and walked over to her. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

Charlee shook her head. "No. I'm leaving this weekend. He raped me last night because I defended you. So when he's away, I'm going. I'm not staying around here," she told her.

Esmè frowned. She pulled her close and hugged her. "I'm going to miss you. But you need to be safe," she said

"I'm gonna be fine. I'm going to ruin him. One way or another. I'm a McQueen and I won't let him ruin me," Charlee said.

"Good. He's lucky I haven't killed him. Are you going to be okay?" She asked.

"I'll be fine. I'm a tough cookie."

***
Esmè walked back into the flat. She saw Warren who was sitting there. "Can we talk?" She asked as she looked to him.

Warren shook his head. "No we can't. We have nothing to say. You don't trust me."

"I didn't mean it like that."

Warren said nothing as he walked into the bedroom. But was this row the beginning of a downfall for Esmè and Warren?