022💞

Things with Warren and Esmè weren't going well. Their relationship had been so tense since Esmè had told him she didn't want to have another baby yet.

She had been wanting to focus on being  mum to Aria. And helping her grow. She knew she couldn't do that if there was another baby. And she didn't think it was fair to her.

Warren knew he wanted to have a baby. But he felt as though Esmè didn't trust him with their kids. He hated that. Knowing he just wanted to be a good father.

But he felt like Esmè didn't trust that he wasn't going to run again. And he hated that. He had tried so hard to make it right. Knowing how she must have felt when he ran off with Aria.

He never wanted to put her through that again. He just wanted to give Aria the perfect family. It was all he had ever wanted. But he somehow got muddled up. And ended up doing the wrong thing.

All either of them knew was that their relationship had changed. And they were hardly talking. Esmè just needed to somehow make it work.

Esmè walked downstairs. She saw Warren he was making pancakes for Aria. She smiled. "You're a great dad to her," she said as she looked to him.

Warren nodded. "I haven't run off with her yet. I know you don't trust me," he said.

Esmè rolled her eyes. She looked to him. "Stop it. I don't think you're going to run away with her. I know you. And I know you don't want to hurt me," she told him.

Warren turned to her. "Then why don't you wanna have another?" He asked.

"It's not that I don't want to have another. I just don't feel ready yet. I want to focus on Aria for now. Maybe next year? We can try," she find him.

Warren sighed and nodded. He didn't want to fight with Esmè. Knowing all they had been through.

***
Esmè walked through the village after taking Aria to nursery. She saw Charlee and frowned. "I thought you were leaving?" She asked.

"I am. I have to plan it properly. When I go, he won't find me. So I'm doing what I can to plan properly. It makes me physically sick being in the same room as him. But I'm stomaching it. I'm okay. How are you?" Charlee asked as she looked to her.

Esmè nodded. "Warren and I have been arguing. He doesn't think I trust him. He wants another baby. But I'm not sure if I can do that. I am worried that he's going to run again. I can't tell him that. I just have my worries," she said.

Charlee frowned. "I don't think he would run with her again. he's not like that. He's changed. I think you need to give him the benefit of the doubt," she told her.

Esmè knew her sister was right. And she just wanted to make Warren happy.

***
Esmè walked back into the house. She saw Warren there and smiled. "So I've been thinking. And I don't want to actively try for a baby. But if I was to get pregnant, then we could make it work," she told him.

Warren looked to her. He smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

But was Esmè really ready to have another baby?