Secret Admirer: Pen x Reader

Key:
O/N: Object name. Y/N but Osc
Requested by: @penshusbandreal
A/N: no way I'm gaining a tiny bit of confidence??!??!!???!!???!!???
————————————————————

Pen, Eraser, And Blocky were all good friends of O/N, all of them hanging out a lot of the time. There were sleepovers, pranks, etc. They were stuck together like glue. They enjoyed laughing together, funny doings, good times.

Now, there were many interesting things that happened in the group, but nobody (besides the sender) expected O/N to start getting corny love letters. Each letter was written in blue ink, and had some for of poem along the lines of:

"Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I can't write good poems
But I sure do love you

-Your secret admirer."

Despite the seemingly corny parts, O/N had a soft spot for them. Although, they didn't really pick up on ANY social cues that it could be their friend group.

Pen slid another letter into O/N's mailbox, still WAY too nervous to ask them out. Until someone saw him. Blocky.

Pen: "U-uh I swear, it's not what it looks like!"

Blocky: "Dude. It was obvious. O/N just can't pick up on clear details."

Pen: "No it isn't!"

Blocky: "Who else is literally a blue ballpoint pen?"

Pen: "Oh."

So now he had Blocky side-eyeing him. Now there's more pressure to ask them out even though he isn't really ready. This just stressed him out more. What if they hated him because he offered? What if they didn't feel the same at all?

O/N was still trying to figure out who sent the letters, and they were drawing a blank. Until they finally caught the extreme side-eyeing and clueing from Blocky and Eraser too now. Yeah, it was probably Pen writing those.

To be honest, they liked Pen too. He was there to do stuff but he was also worried for the safety of the group and knew when they should stop to not get in trouble. Reasonable but still chill.

Might as well talk to him about it. Walking up to Pen, it was fairly easy to notice him blushing as they got near. O/N didn't know how they didn't notice sooner, but now that they know, it's easy to pick up on the clues.

O/N: "Hey Pen, how ya doin?"

Pen: "O-oh! I'm good! How about you?"

O/N: "I'm fine. But I have a question."

Pen: "Sure! Whadya need?"

O/N: "Were the corny love letters from you?"

Pen: "Uh.. erm.. uh.. yeah.. but don't hate me please!!"

O/N: "No, I actually really like them!"

Pen: "You actually like my bad poetry?"

O/N: "It isn't bad! I actually really like it! The corny parts are charming!"

Pen: "So uhh.. does this count as a confession.. cause you figured me out and stuff?"

O/N: "I think so, and I love you too!"

O/N then suddenly hugs Pen, causing his face to go red as he hugs back. This went way better than he expected.

Hanging out later was as normal, although O/N had some fun giving Pen a peck on the cheek sometimes to fluster him. Then Blocky and Eraser usually laugh at him, but he doesn't really care about their laughing.

——————————————————————
A/N: also on the shorter side, but also bc I'm not overapologizing here

Word count: 569