Ice.

"Yeah and let Leo chew my head off for missing patrol?"
Casey shrugged, giving a wonky grin.
"Why not? You chicken?
"Nah, just pure turtle- maybe a little rat.."

Casey grinned something impish and the two played with Chompy while Casey kept his spot to hit up later a secret.

🌇•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•🌃

Atleast a few minutes from patrol being called, Casey and Raph were ready to bounce away unseen. Which was much easier for the ninja than the somewhat Klutzy Casey Jones- Or very..

While Raph stuck to the shadows of his own home- and Casey could skate out of the lair anytime he decided to try and sneak around too. For the thrill or something- Raph didn't listen to him because it sounded a little too stupid, even for him.

While Raph easily got out to the turnstiles, Casey and his 'sneakiness' had him ducking behind glass tables and tripping over his own heelies... it's a miracle he made it to Raph before someone had the chance to ask him if he was drunk and needed some help home and a lecture on underage drinking..

But Raph turned his T-phone off so he could ignore any potential calls or texts from Leo, and he didn't want his sneak-out location not very sneaked at all.. so Casey and Raph were completely away from the lair before the patrol nagging.

"So, ya gonna tell me where we goin yet? Or is it still a surprise?"
Raph had asked, looking up at Casey who was grinning like a maniac as always.
"Why? You don't like surprises?"
"Not from you, yer probably taking me to an early grave."

Casey just shrugged and Raph nudged him, making him laugh and fly ahead.
"Don't get so heated dude! I'm not getting you killed just yet!"
"'Yet' isn't what I wanna hear ya basket-case!"

Casey stopped his rolling away by grabbing onto a ladder out the sewer and fell flat on his back in the process, just for Raph to help him up.
"Ynow Casey, maybe you shouldn't be so reckless at the moment."
Raph cast a gaze down to Casey's side that was covered by the orange and black hoodie.

Casey just started climbing up the ladder.
"You're really telling me not to be reckless? I'll be finee!"
He sounded on the verge of laughter at the proposal of not being on a cliffs edge every second, especially by someone like Raphael.

The man- (if you could call him that) and mutant reached the surface of NewYork City, the full moon and sparkling stars that salted the sky gave a dusty look to the smoggy blurred sky and gave light to the darkness of the night.

Casey was leading Raph around the city and kicking junk that was on the sidewalk as they went, and when Casey stopped infront of his school he got a look from Raph. Incredulous all over his face.
"No offense- well maybe alot. But you don't seem like the type to do some late night studying.."

"No! Nothing lame like that, man. There's something better than worksheets in the hunk a junk school!"
"Doesn't it have cameras..?"
"Nahh. Not any that work after hours!"
Raph watched as Casey broke into his school and opened a door for Raph.

"So you done this before? You're so dumb.."
Raph walked in anyways and the metal door shut behind the duo as the walked down a hallway. White tiles with orange and blue thrown in square patterns was the floor, white bricks lined the walls and there was the occasional window or bathroom opening. Miscellaneous things were scattered around the scene and it just looked like a normal high-school.

"Our mascot is a horse, neigh neigh dude."
"Casey, can you stop being retarded for 5 minutes?"
"Hey! Watch it hippo feet, my school equals my voice doing whatever it pleases. You're lucky I don't take ya to the science hall and dissect you!"
"I feel like you would be more of an anomaly to learn from..."

Raph looked down at his huge feet as the walked, he did not have hippo feet... they looked more like a Rhinos.  Eventually Casey opened up another door and led Raph inside.
"It smells gross back here.."
"Cause man, this is the way to the locker room!"

Raph raised an eyebrow ridge and clicked his tongue.
"Why are we in here?"
"I need to get something for our totally metal hangout!"
They got into a room and Casey just barely opened the lock on locker C-4, Raph could only guess why he chose that one...

"Here.."
Casey grabbed a bomber jacket and draped it on Raph's shoulders who put it on properly, a bit tight and oddly fit since Raph had a shell in the way. It was warm and grey with design of a horse silhouette in Casey's school colors, and a few patches Casey had added himself, very obviously.
They were of bands he liked and whatnot. It smelled like Casey too- sweat, a hint of the sewers and spray paint. And Raph found the gross amalgamation somewhat nice...not that he smelled much different so maybe that's why.

Casey grabbed a pair of iceskates while Raph zipped up the jacket, and Casey once again took Raph into the dark hallways of school and went through a rusty looking door outside. They finally got out of that school and ended up at Midtown Ice-rink, and Casey just loved breaking into another place in the night and dragging Raph in along with him.

"I don't get any skates?"
Raph asked in a sarcastic tone while Casey replaced his heelies for a pair of ice-skates.
"There isn't a size that would fit you! You're lucky you get to wear my special jacket... it's pretty cozy."
Casey got up to the speaker in the building and decided to blast his own toons, a few tinted lights turning on as the music glitched before playing smoothly. It would be nice to have something fun to do after everything.

Casey grabbed Raph's hand and led him out onto the ice, the cold stung at his feet and he started slipping immediately. But Casey was there to hold him up.

The hockey player laughed at the sight of his friend having no traction on the ice, and he skated backwards, dragging Raph along the slippery frost at a pace not too fast- but not slow enough that Casey would trip up himself.

Raph couldn't help but smile- he was nervous but he got to enjoy something his human friend did and it was kinda nice to glide around despite the chills and bare feet. His turtle paws would need a warm bucket of water when he got home- all of him could use some hot water actually...

Casey expertly skated around and held Raph upright to the best of his ability before doing a spin around and letting Raph go, and he yelped while sliding around uncontrollably, Casey circled around his buzzy path like a mocking shark.

"I don't know how to skate! Jack-Ahhh!"
His swearing was cut off by his yelling, from almost falling down. Just for Casey to catch him at the last second, and Raph landed in his arms, Getting red in the face while looking up at him. The music wasn't helping with it's 'Baby, you spin me around, oh The earth is moving, but I can't feel the ground' Damn it Britney.
"Sorry! But hey I won't let ya fall.."
"Yeah.. thanks."

Raph suddenly didn't feel as cold anymore- he just felt weird and warm... his stomach felt twisted and he thought he might have gotten sick for a second- even if it didn't feel like he was quite gonna vomit. He held onto Casey while they enjoyed their little Ice-skating session they snuck off to do, the dim lights of blue and pink barely illuminating their faces.

Well they were enjoying it, until a police officer noticed someone was in the very closed ice-rink and went inside. As soon as the door creaked open and they heard the booming yell- the screamed right back in surprise and Raph was glad the lights were too low for the policeman to realize he was a giant turtle.

The two decided to get the hell outta there, Casey helping dash Raph off the ice and nabbing his shoes before they ran off, and Casey had to kick off his ice-skates in the middle of their great escape so they could actually run off. They ducked into a few alleyways and Raph had to help Casey up a roof before they were in the clear.

While they huffed and puffed on the rooftop Raph turned to Casey.
"You're a major fucking idiot Casey.."