The river

"Milo?" I say confused "hey Cora" Milo says sitting down next to me he's eyes looking even more gorgeous in the sun light. "What are you doing here" I ask smiling at him "just going for a swim with my brother, he's been begging me to take him down here." He says as i watch his brother jump off a rock into the river. " yeah, I'm just here because my sister cant go alone" i say rolling my eyes " why don't you get in the water?" Milo asks grinning at me " it's freezing milo" i say laughing "oh you will get used to the water" milo says pulling me off the wooden log " no i don't want to get wet" i says laughing as we get closer to the water " oh come on your in a swimsuit" milo says laughing " ok ok! I will get just give me a minute" I say out of breath, as he walks backwards into the water. " it's really not that cold" milo says as goosebumps appear on his arms and legs. "ok sure" I say walking farther down the river bank so nobody will splash me I slowly step into the water my feet sinking into the cold sand when suddenly I feel a hand on my wrist pulling me under the water. " Cora?" Milo says seeing that I'm gone " where did you go" he says running over to where I was standing but before he could get there my head popped out from under the water and the girl the pulled me under also came up for air. " oh my god Ayla!" I say giving her a hug that knocked us both over into the water. " hey Ayla" Milo says relieved " you know Ayla" I ask walking out of the water "yeah I know her we go to school together, but I didn't know you guys knew each other" milo says as he hands me my towel " of course we know each other we were best friends before she moved, I missed you so much! why did you even move in the first place?" Ayla says resting her head on my shoulder " oh uh my family just wanted a change" I say walking back to where my sister was sitting on a rock in the shallow water. " I kinda thought it had something to do with what happened to willow" Ayla says picking up her towel I froze for a bit not thinking she would actually bring that up "oh no it's really not" I say waving at my sister to get out of the water "Cora were you friends with willow?" Milo asks confused "no not really" I say kind of agitated as I put my hand on my little sisters back and walked up the hill to my house without saying goodbye. " who is willow?" Marie asks while I hold the door open for her. " nobody Marie" I say closing the door behind me.