Hospital visit

The Fourth of July one of my favorite holidays the fireworks the barbecues and best of all the county fair. When I lived in California I didn't really have a county fair, well i did but it was much more different in the city then in West Virginia. Today was the start of the fair and I would be going all three days with Ayla, milo and Nash. I ran down stairs and finished breakfast as quickly as I could. "where are you running off to Cory" my aunt yells from the kitchen watching me tie my white converse in a rush. "Me and Ayla are headed to the fair!" I say grabbing a large tote bag. "And what in there" she says gesturing to the bag. "Oh we are gonna sell lemonade" i replied opening the door and running out before I get a response. I guess Nash saw me running by his house because I heard his door open after I passed it. When I reached the bottom of the hill I saw Ayla standing at the market with her bike and mine. The moment Ayla saw me she jumped up and gave me a hug. "Hey Cora!" She says running over to get her bike after she hands me mine. " here's your bike Cora you left it at my house." She says "oh thanks ay.." I couldn't even finish my sentence when I head a scream come from behind me, and then a sudden crash. " uh.." it was Nash he crashed his bike into a ditch. "Oh hey Ayla" Nash says trying to act like his life didn't just flash in front of his eyes. "Oh my god Nash are you alright" Ayla says running to him and putting a hand on his shoulder. "Yea Ayla I'm good" he says trying to stand up "ah shit!" Nash says falling to the  ground. His eyes are watering I can tell he wants to cry but he doesn't. "Wait here in gonna go get my mom to take you to the hospital that foot could be broken" Ayla says running inside. "Ayla that's not necessary" Nash says but she doesn't hear him. "god this is so embarrassing" Nash says his face turning bright red as he try's to hide it in his hoodie. "Ayla's gonna think in so weak now" "hey you know she not that kinda person, she cares about you" i say trying to comfort him. Ayla and her mom running out of the house and they help Nash to the car. "Cora sweetie, you head down to the fair and tell Milo to met us at the hospital. I got on my bike and headed down to the fair I didn't even bother to get off my bike when I parked next to our lemonade stand I put down my tote bag "milo we have to get to the hospital Nash crashed his bike and we think his ankle could be broken." I say "what is he ok does he have a ride?" milo says worried as he hoped on his bike. "Yea Ayla's mom is taking him we need to go see him at the hospital" i say turning my bike to the road. The entire ride to the hospital was silent. We got there about 10 minutes after Nash and Ayla when we walk into the waiting room i saw Ayla sitting there with a worried look on her face. I went to sit next to her while Milo walked up to the front desk to talk to the receptionist and Ayla's mom about Nash "hey Ayla you ok?" I said putting a hand on Ayla's shoulder. "Oh yea I'm fine I just feel bad if Nash's leg is broken then he can't play soccer the rest of the summer and he's supposed to be getting ready for tryout next month." She says with tears forming in her eyes. Ayla is a total empath she can't stand to see other people suffer she's been this way as long as I've known her. "Hey guys Nash only has a small fracture in his ankle so he will only need a cast for about five weeks" milo says relieved sitting down next to us "Nash is in the infirmary now getting his cast on he should be out in about 20 minutes, Ayla sweetie will you walk with Nash back to the county fair when he is out I really need to get to work" Ayla's mom says  "yea mom I will" Ayla says staring down the hallway waiting for Nash. After 20 minutes of sitting quietly we saw Nash waling down the hallway on crutches. The moment Ayla saw him she stood up and gave him a hug "I was so worried" says Ayla "Ayla it's ok I'm fine" he says laughing with his hands on her back. "There so in love" milo says turning to me "oh definitely" I agree.