The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill

As Rabbit Tails reached the entrance of the curious looking house, Sonic was right behind him. The blue hedgehog ran past the picket fence surrounding it, skidding to a stop in front.

"There you are, buddy!" Sonic exclaimed, relieved. "You made me worried! What's going on?" Rabbit Tails turned to look back at him, narrowing his eyes. This threw Sonic off guard a bit. "Uh... Tails?"

"Mary Ann? What are you doing out here?" Rabbit Tails spoke back in an annoyed tone. "Run inside this moment, and fetch me an extra pair of gloves!"

Sonic stood in confusion. He turned to look around, just in case Rabbit Tails was referring to someone else, before looking back to him. "... Mary Ann? I'm not Mary Ann!" He crossed his arms, burrowing his brow in confusion. "What's gotten into you?"

"Hm.. yes! I'll also need a fan!" The yellow fox-rabbit continued on, not paying Sonic's words any mind. "Quick now! I'm very late! Hurry!" And before Sonic could say anything else, he was shoved inside the house, the door slamming behind him.

Sonic let out a groan. "Jeez... how do I get into these messes..." He uttered in annoyance, tapping his foot. "Who does he think I am, his housemaid?"

His first instinct was to run right back outside. However, after dwelling on it for a moment, he figured he might be able to get through to Tails if he did this. With that idea in mind, he begrudgingly looked for the fan and gloves.

The interior of the house was fairly neat and tidy. The furniture that decorated the interior was somewhat old fashioned, but charming. "Huh. Not a bad place." he thought to himself as he looked around. After coming up short in the living room, he eventually made his way up to the bedroom and continued searching.

Sonic crouched down, poking his head underneath a bed in the corner. Nothing there. After getting up, he dug through the drawers of a nearby dresser. No luck. He checked a small, gold box atop the dresser, and was surprised to find a variety of sugar cookies inside. Not paying attention to what was written on them, he promptly grabbed one, munching on it as he continued searching.

"I'm sure Tails won't mind," Sonic remarked between bites. "I AM doing this for him, after all..." his voice trailed off when he spotted a chest on the ground. "...did I look there yet? Hm..." he quickly finished off the cookie, heading over to it.

As he rummaged through, a strange feeling entered his body. He kept having to crouch down to reach the chest. It seemed to be getting... smaller? He stood up in confusion. As he did, his head struck the ceiling! "Ouch! What the-" His eyes went wide once realized what was happening. "Oh no, not THIS again!"

Sonic crouched, then sat down as he continued to increase in size, anxiously watching his surroundings shrink around him. Desperate for more room, he stuck an arm out the window and one foot up the chimney. By the time the large hedgehog finished growing, he just barely fit inside the bedroom. However, he was stuck in a very uncomfortable position.

Sonic groaned in annoyance, trying to get unstuck. No matter what he did, the room wouldn't budge. "How sturdy is this?"

"Mary Ann! What's taking you so long?" A voice yelled from outside - it was Rabbit Tails! "Mary Ann!? Stop messing around!"

"Oh no..." Sonic thought to himself. This was NOT his day. The last thing he wanted was for someone to see him like this!

He heard footsteps hurrying up the stairs. Rabbit Tails attempted to enter the bedroom, but the door was shut tight - Sonic's elbow was pressed against it.

"Very well... if that's how it's going to be," Rabbit Tails huffed. "I'll just climb in through the window!"

"Uh, I don't think that's gonna work-" Sonic glanced over to his arm in the window, sweat drops rolling down the side of his head. He heard footsteps go around the back of the house, followed by a loud shriek - Great. Rabbit Tails must've spotted it.