Prologue

??? Pov:

So, you're probably wondering who I am and why I'm gonna- or my pal, DeeGee- is gonna tell ya this lil' story. So for starters, I'm you, Y/N L/N, in some fucked up universe where you were— or I — was an animator for the hit show, Tim and Johnny: a classic little cartoon where a bumbling idiot of a cat, Tim, tries everything he can to catch his lifelong nemesis, Johnny, a mouse. The studio and I worked on other cartoons, but this one was one of my better projects. My favorite, in fact.

It was a family-favorite cartoon that was big for a little while, a couple o' decades, at least. It started going to shit in 2019, when our cartoon was getting out of style and losing relevance. The only way to stay relevant was through meme templates from funny frames in some episodes.

Being an animator was my dream, and being able to animate wacky characters doing wacky things was a specialty of mine. I did say it was going to shit earlier, but it already was ever since I started working for the studio. My boss barely paid me shit, nor did he give me any credit for the work I put in. Being the stubborn little shit I once was, I only saw that as a driving motivation to keep getting better, trying to get my boss's approval.

Now why I'm telling you this story- is because you were the one who wanted to read this. Literally no other reason...

_________________________________

Ten years I've been workin' and I'm now 32, living like the average Californian; povertized to hell, with barely any money to go around. Yes, it sounds like I'm calling Californians poor, but can you blame me? The economy's also gone to shit over there!

Shit, shit, shit, everything, shit! I've had it with working all these countless hours- every single day's the same- redrawing, resketching, reworking- with entitled pricks all around me thinking they're high and mighty, insulting my work, discouraging me from going on- I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

Something inside me just snapped on one fateful day. I planned to finally put an end to those who were trying to crush my dream of spreading joy around the entire world with my imagination and creativity.. I wanted to burn the company's building to the ground.. today... is the day I bring it all down.

3rd-person Pov:

Y/N L/N finally snapped, he finally had enough. 10 years of your life being mistreated and insulted nonstop has finally broken your limit.

The rattle of pills could be heard outside the door of a bathroom, the perspective phases through the door to see you, with dark circles around your eyes, chugging a bottle of antidepressants, washing them down with the water from the tap. You get out of your bathroom, walk over to the door to leave, look at your phone and try to text your family, but even they weren't the best to you.

D/N (text): Told you this whole cartoon bs was a bad idea, son. You chose this life, you're on your own.

M/N (text): I'm not giving you any money so you can blow it all out on drugs and prostitutes again! God, you're a mess, you know that?!

Sib/N (text): It's not too late to change careers, you know? Why tf are you still chasing a career where you're only gonna starve?

Y/N (text): AT LEAST I HAVE AN AMBITION! YOU'RE IN COLLEGE AND YOU STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT TO DO, SO YOU DONT GET TO DECIDE WHAT I WANT! This is my dream, SO DONT FUCKING INTERFERE!