Innocent Ink Excerpt

INNOCENT INK

Photographing exceptional tattoos for the Hot Ink Tattoo Studio turns into much more than just a job when Karen meets Jed, the sexy-as-sin owner. With attraction sizzling between them, each photo shoot is a labor of love ... and a chance to get closer to the man of her increasingly naughty dreams.

Curvy, vivacious Karen is everything Jed would want in a woman, if he wanted one at all. But a relationship seems like too dangerous a gamble for someone who's loved before and suffered the ultimate loss. So why can't he resist when he discovers the attraction is mutual? Even if he were willing to risk everything again, Karen's too young, too full of life to be burdened with someone whose heart bears scars as permanent as the ink in his skin.

When the two finally face what lies between them, the passion is undeniably real, but will the unexpected extinguish the spark of their love, or fan the flames?

Inked in the Steel City Book 2

EXCERPT

Black was a good color. You couldn't go wrong with black, right? Jed shoved his shirtsleeves up to his elbows and rolled them so they'd stay in place. He hated when sleeves touched his wrists, so he'd compromised. Usually, he wore a t-shirt, but for tonight, he'd chosen a shirt that actually buttoned up the front.

Because it was Karen's birthday. It was his birthday too, but that didn't matter. He glanced at the rearview mirror and made sure there wasn't anything on his face, like a giant sign reading I wore sleeves for Karen because I think she's amazing.

Nothing. He grimaced at his reflection and looked away, opening the door.

What the hell was wrong with him? Karen was too innocent, too young, too ambitious – too everything – for someone like him, and he hadn't been interested in a relationship in years. How old was she turning anyway? He mulled the possibilities over as he exited his Charger, gripping a box he'd wrapped just hours ago.

Ruby's, Karen's former place of employment, was packed on a Friday night. The interior was loud, and a little dark. Even over the noise of dozens of diners, he was able to pick out Karen's voice. "You have to try the strawberry lemonade, Abby," she said from a corner table.

"Of course it's alcoholic. And don't worry – we won't get stiffed on drinks here. Nate's working the bar tonight, and he makes them strong."

Jed arrived at the table just in time to see Karen winking at Abby.

Good God, she looked amazing. Not Abby – Karen. Abby might've looked good too, but Karen stole the spotlight so completely that there was no telling. Her blue-green dress stood in alluring contrast to her dark red hair and creamy skin, plenty of which was exposed by the low V-neck. She was leaning toward Abby, jabbing a finger enthusiastically at the drink menu, and the position showcased her ample cleavage like a dream.

"Jed!" Eric called out from one end of the table, where he sat with his arm around Mina. "Happy birthday, man."

His words unleashed a floodgate. The entire table erupted in a chorus of well-wishes, drowning out the rest of the noise completely for a few seconds. The outburst took him by surprise; when he'd laid eyes on Karen, he'd forgotten that it was his birthday, too.

He strode toward the table, acknowledging their sentiments with a nod, and took the nearest empty seat. It just so happened to be the seat directly across from Karen.

Tyler elbowed Jed in the side. "Already ordered a pitcher of your favorite."

"Thanks." Jed's mouth went momentarily dry as he stared across the table, and not just because Tyler's statement had him craving beer. Maybe he shouldn't have taken the seat across from Karen – he couldn't help staring at her in that dress. He had to look like an idiot. He felt like an idiot.