1.

The garden was lit up with soft lights hanging around it, the tall lamps situated every few metres. Jazz music was playing in the background, soothing and subtle but perfect for background noise. The weather was breezy, fitting for the middle of November and even more fitting for an outdoor event.

Clinking of glasses were the more evident sounds, some consisting of juice, some potentially consisting of alcoholic beverages. But that was no one's business.

Farjaad had both his hands in his pockets, scanning around the area, observing his own work. He was satisfied, more than satisfied.  He wore black pants with a white button-up, the only accessory being his prescription glasses. It was chilly, but he resisted it because he was about to leave soon.

"Farjaad." He turned and was greeted by Hashim Siddqui. "Once again, thank you for this. Ab tou mein thank you bol bol kar thak gaya hun, kuch naya sochna pare ga." The man raised his glass, a soft smile plastered on his face.

"Arey Hashim uncle, ab aap sharminda kar rahe hain. Bas aap loug khush hain, is mein hi meri khushi hai." Farjaad raised his hand and placed it over his heart.

"Ab jab koi khushi ka mouka hota hai, tab hi tum hamare kaam aate ho. Kya karein?" Hashim shrugged and Farjaad nodded politely, the grin still present. He lived for these compliments.

"Phir duaein hain ke aisa hi rahe." Farjaad was referring more to the opportunities, but knew that Hashim would take it as a good wish.

"Bilkul'' Hashim nodded. "Ab khud bhi khaana le lo"

"Thank you uncle, liken mein ab chalta hoon. Kaafi thak gaya hun" He requested and raised his hand.

"This is not right, khana to kha lena tha." Hashim shook it but raised his eyebrow, scolding Farjaad who was shaking his head.

"No uncle, maybe some other time. But aaj nahi. Thank you." He rubbed his hands together. "Aap please enjoy karein, aur agar koi bhi problem hoye tou please do call."

-

"Uff mere khudaaya." She whispered, looking at the setting behold her. Everything was going according to plan, but all it took was one thing for everything to start breaking apart. The only thing keeping Umeed at peace was the gentle breeze under the midday sunlight.

"Hassan, zara idhar aao." She wiggled her index finger, watching the man walk towards her. "Idhar aao aur mujhe batao, ke ye flower arch kis konay se centre mein nazar aa raha hai? Batao zara?" She placed both her hands on her hips and stared at Hassan, who's hand reached the back of his head. "Jab mene kaha tha ke mere paas measuring tape hai, aur tum aik dafa phir kar lo, to kya museebat thi? Haath zara zyada chalane se mout parti hai?"

"Sorry baaji, wo wahan se theek hi lag raha tha." He apologised ashamedly, noticing the inaccuracy of the setting of the flower arch. It was more towards the left of the stage, inches from being centred.

"Phir raat ko tum har mehmaan ko bhi yahi samjhana, ke wo wahan jaa kar khare hoyein taake phir unhe bhi sukoon mil jaye." She shook her head and hung her hands beside her. "Jaao ab theek karo, aur is dafa measuring tape use karna." She dismissed him.

"Umeed baaji. Wo truck aa gaya hai, kahan rakhwaun cheezain?" Umeed turned and released a sigh of relief. This was the only thing left to worry about.

"Ghaas par hi rakhwana, liken please un se kaho dihaan se. Especially the accent chairs, Jackie. Un chairs par velvet chara hua hai." She raised her finger and Jackie nodded reassuringly, jogging back to attend to the furniture.

Umeed took a deep breath and turned around, witnessing Hassan laying flat on his stomach on the stage, the measuring tape in his hand along with a pencil.