16.

"No no no. Ye ese nahi hona!" Umeed shook her head, looking at the new placement.

"Umeed baaji aapne khud hi to bola tha ke isko is tarhan rakhna hai." Anthony sighed. He had gotten used to his baaji's perfectionist approach. Even if things were off by an inch, they'd have to perfect it. He had a rough idea of what he'd be needed for but this was a surprise to him.

"Nahi, nahi rakhna. Ab mene mind change kar liya hai. Ulta karo." Umeed instructed, looking at the pot that was placed close to where they were setting things."Jackie ye pots yahan kyun hain? Agar toota to Jmmal bhai ne damages ke hazaron lene hain. Isko side par karwao. Ye sab side par hone chahye hain." Her hands were waving at the pots. "Aur kahan hai Hasan? Ye lightein ese kyun latayi hain? Inko seedha hona hai." She pointed up at the wavy lights, far from the vision she had in her head. "Yaar chand ghanton ki baat hai tum log ab hi kyun sab kuch barbaad ar rahe ho?"

"Acha Umeed baaji mein sab sambhaal leti hoon." Jackie walked up, seeing the visible frustration and anxiety that was building up within Umeed.

The past week had been constant work and constant attention towards even the minor details. She hadn't really gotten a break, none of them had. But it was more pressure on Umeed because she was the one who came up with the blueprint and she was the one that not only had to ensure that the execution was perfect but also that it was good.

"Jackie ye fatafat theek ho jaye. Mein ja kar bahar ki arrangements check kar ke aati hoon" Jackie wanted to tell Umeed to take at least ten to fifteen minutes for a breather, but she knew that it would be a pointless request. Umeed was not going to rest until everything was completed, done and over with.

She walked past everything, taking note of what was still pending and what she had to check, and walked towards the entrance where the flower wall would be set as a photo booth and a welcoming decoration piece.

As she walked by, Umeed gasped when she was felt a hand around her wrist, and was then yanked in between the narrow space - parts of the pending flower wall, a pair of arms immediately around her waist.

"Farjaad abhi iska bilkul time nahi-" He attacked her lips, forcing Umeed to respond, giving Umeed the realisation that she very much needed this, causing Umeed to reciprocate with as much energy.

The moment she felt his lips Umeed could physically feel her muscles ease, her body freeze and begin to cool down, like this was the recharging she needed.

These little moments in between hassles and headaches were quite therapeutic for her, Farjaad finding a new hobby to pull her in between narrow spots. She had to remind him to stop doing that otherwise she would always assume it would be him and someone can then use that as a kidnapping tactic on her.

He cupped her face and she hummed, moving her lips along his, holding onto the collar of his sweater pulling him closer. He pushed down her hood and moved her hair away from his face, holding her face even more dearly.

Umeed could hear noises in the distance, alarms in her head. His hands then went down to hold her waist and she had to hold his shoulders to stop him.

"Someone is-"

"Let them" He whispered against her lips, his fingers digging into her waist. "Agli dafa khayal kakhein ge."

"Umeed!" She recognised the voice instantly and pulled away, eyes widening at that call of her name. She immediately went to straighten his sweater while Farjaad still hadn't comprehended who it was.

"Haan. Idhar." She walked out of the narrow space, Farjaad following blindly only to see who it was realise that it was a very very close call for them.