6.

"Fruit bowl aur dou slice please, aur aap logon ke paas strawberry jam hota hai?" She looked up at the young man who was jotting her order down on his notepad.

"Ji ma'am."

"Wo bhi saat de dein please." She looked at the menu before closing it, looking ahead at her new colleague who was biting his lip while he focused on his own menu.

"French toast please. Aur saat black coffee." The waiter nodded and wrote down their orders before taking the menus and excusing himself. Umeed breathed out heavily. It was the fourth, she had spent the past few days working on her upcoming event as well as starting to look for themes to present.

She thought they would meet a little later, considering that people take days off around this time. However Farjaad had let her know that they could meet and discuss the matters, which was relieving but the later it got, the more formidable it would turn out.

Farjaad reached for his briefcase, pulling out a black folder.

"Ye lien."

"Ye kya hai?" Umeed took it from him. They had not discussed anything, ot even the first step. A folder was only a sign of more work. She hesitantly opened it.

"Saare events ke cost cards." He muttered, opening his phone as he said it. There was something about the situation which made Farjaad not want to confront it. He didn't want it to look like he's done a favour, but rather that it was part of his work.

And it was, this was exactly what it was. However, this work required a good week to complete. He completed it in two days. And it may have been the influence of the conversation they had in the car.

He witnessed how anxious she was, the restlessness was visible in her body language throughout the conversation they had on the rooftop the afternoon of the twenty-seventh. And at the back of his mind, he completed it to give her more time as well as ease the path for her.

But he would never admit it, not even to himself.

"Aap ne, itni jaldi bana bhi liye?" She looked up only for a split second before looking back down, tuning the papers, looking at the information that was there, down to the t. The more she scanned it the looser she felt. This was half of the work she was worried about, this was half of the load that kept her from breathing normally.

"I had time, so I thought I'll make them beforehand. Now you have more time to search for suppliers, aur is timeline mien delivery time bhi confined nahi rahe ga." He placed his phone on the table.

"Thank you." Her tone was electrified, she was regaining confidence as she flipped through the papers. This acclaim definitely added to his vanity.

"And um, file ke back par ghar ki bhi thori details hain. Backyard ke blueprints and measurements." She blinked, looking at him as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I had them beforehand and I thought aap ke kaam bhi aa sakta hai, for the home events."

She gulped.

"Aur ye jo neeche budgets likhay hain aap ne har page par?" Umeed recalled them having full autonomy over their budgets. This was bizzare to her, but the 'dhoom dhaam' policy changed her perception.

"Mene khud estimated budgets banaye hain, just so you have something to work with. You can change them as you please"

"No no, they are fine. Kaafi high hain, I can manage." This was perfect, this was more than what she needed, but now she had another thing beginning to crawl up her neck... he was miles ahead of her. He had way too much leverage, almost everything so far was his effort. She did not have any input in it. "Mein... mein sab kuch week ke end par kar dun gi."