12.

Farjaad walked up to the bench. FCC park, the location Umeed had sent. He had been here a few times before, but not for long. This was the first time he felt like he was observing and taking in the surroundings, the greenery, the midday breeze.

She was sat on the bench, legs folded, an oversized hoodie and loggers, looking comfortable. The gentle breeze brushing against her skin, her hair flowing, skin vibrant under the clouded sun.

Farjaad smiled, going to sit next to her, sighing loudly.

It had been two days since the unveiling incident. Fortunately, it took over all their thoughts, mainly hers. They did not have the time to address the little moment they had shared before, the conversation.

That is what Umeed thought.

But it was all Farjaad could play in his head, and it made his past two nights very difficult.

"Everything is done for now." Farjaad muttered, taking in the soothing wind and the peace of the park. No one was there, maybe it was due to the chilly weather or maybe the fact it was midday on a weekday.

"Wow." Umeed sighed. It was time to reflect. Now they were in the end of January, everything that needed to be done was done. Locations, supplies, labour, all the main things were attended to. It seemed impossible, yet it was accomplished.

"Ab aesa lag raha hai na ke pata bhi nahi chala?" Farjaad turned to face her, seeing her lost in thought, her dancing dancing gently against her cheeks, nose a little reddened from the colder weather.

"Pata chala, bohot achi tarhan pata chala. But it's relieving, ab we wait for things to come." Umeed nodded to herself. She was far from done. If anything, her work hadn't even properly begun yet.

But she was oddly at ease, it felt doable. With the right people and convincing results, it all seemed doable. She was gonna make it work.

"Haan..." Farjaad looked at the scenery beholding them. He decided to bring up the subject they were both wanting to address. "Yusuf se baat ki mene."

"Mene bhi Savi se ki." Umeed nodded in agreement, thinking about the conversation they had, the reasoning for them to hide it, the utter shock on Saveria's face when Umeed told her she could not care less. They were not that dramatic. "You know mujhe wo excuse bohot fazool lagi. Hum nahi hain aese."

"I fully agree. It's very inaccurate. Aese bol rahein hain ke hum ne unko maar dena tha. They think we are animals." Farjaad chuckled, recalling his own conversation he had with Yusuf. They acted as if these two simply could not cooperate. And they could, they did.

Or this was a form of denial for both of them. They would have agreed, but now that things are settled, it's better to live with the knowledge that they have dramatic friends.

"We are very civilised. Pata nahi kya socha unhon nein." Umeed shrugged, slowly touching the line of mocking the situation. She was certainly struggling to be civil, she knew it. But playing along with that denial was fun.

"Haan... tum jese meri buraiyan nahi kar rahi thi Saveria se." Farjaad muttered, recalling what Yusuf was telling him about how they would both vent to their respective friends. He did it too, but it was a fair game.

"Don't play innocent, mujhe bhi pata hai aap ka mizaaj. Is hi liye aap ka dost itna ghabra gaya tha." Umeed sweetened her tone, knowing that he had been complaining to Yusuf as well. It was not exactly difficult to gain all this information. Once Saveria let loose, every detail came Umeed's way.

"Aap?" Farjaad raised his eyebrow, tilting his head to face her. She laughed, soft, soothing, shaking her head and wrapping her arms around her legs, hugging onto her knees on the bench. "I'm happy for them."