8.

"Farjaad, thank you" Umeed looked over to him, the tone of her voice sincere. Her eyes shared genuine gratification towards him.

"No problem." He looked away, staring ahead at the road. The wind blew her hair a little as she had opened the door. "Aur please apna khayal rakho. Aagay bohot kaam hai, your health should be your first priority in all of this." He cleared his throat. "Aur tou kahin commit nahi kiya na?"

It was a little odd, but he was actually a little cautious about her. She was distressed, he did not want to add to it in any way.

"Nahi. Bas kal akhri jaga thi. Ab all my focus is on here." She nodded, meaning it.

"Good. Take care." He said, looking ahead to the road, not wanting to make eye contact with her. It was a little unnecessary, but he found it difficult to look at her. A sentimental conversation was clearly out of his comfort zone.

"Thanks. Bye." She spoke, closing the car door and turning to walk to her apartment building. He waited until she was gone in, before driving away.

-

"Haya abhi agla project bohot lamba hai. Us ke baad plan karun gi." Umeed spoke as she made a document on her laptop, collecting information regarding the supplies she may need for the events. Rubina had confirmed everything and it was, to Umeed's lack of surprise, the themes that needed most efforts.

"Umeed tum jaan booch kar nahi aana cha rahi?" This question stung Umeed a little. Because it was not the truth, neither was it a lie. It was difficult to answer it.

"Haya ab cheezain khud ba khud aati jaati hain. Farigh ho kar aun gi na." She convinced her cousin whilst also trying to heal the stinging pain. She missed Haya, she missed all of them. But she was not entirely ready. And now, she was not free either.

"Tum pichlay deir saal se yahi bol rahi ho." Haya mumbled, clearly upset with Umeed's constant false assurances.

"Mein ke rahi hun tum aa jao na." Umeed argued. She had been pleading for Haya to visit her, it was much more flexible and sensible if that was the situation.

"Tumhara yahan aane se kya masla hai?"

"Nahi hai masla. Tumhari break aa rahi hai tumhe aana chahiye." Umeed dodged the question once again."Acha ye sab choro, Sameer kahan hai?"

"Wo abhi aik painting deliver karne gaya hai apne kisi bare client ko. Inko wo khud jaa kar deta hai." Umeed smiled.

It took Sameer a lot of time adjusting and finding his pace. He had his own obstacles, and she knew her brother's way of handling certain citations, the most complex one being their father. Hearing that he was beginning to get high profile clients was very reassuring. Her brother had a lot of talent.

Since the conversation from earlier with Farjaad, Umeed could not stop thinking about Sameer. Farjaad talking about taking care of his sister was certainly a surprised to Umeed. But it reminded her of her own relationship with her younger brother. And she rarely spoke to Sameer after moving out.

"Yaad aa rahi thi uski. Chalo kisi aur din baat kar lun gi."

-

Yusuf had both his legs on either side of the bench, ready to lay back and do some weightlifting. He had been on the treadmill before this to warm his body up, still a little breathless.

"Explain." Farjaad abruptly stepped in front of him, both hands on his hips, his expression was stern. Yusuf sighed, knowing he was not going to be able to do his workout in peace.

"Koi salam dua hoti hai." He remarked tiringly. All he wanted was to peacefully lift his weights. He also wanted to think about the plan he had made with Saveira for the weekend. It was really exciting and he wanted it to be perfect.