Chapter 4

Three days. It's been three days since I last saw Harry. I've been going back and forth from my house to the cemetery. Kris' grave was the only other place I'd had the strength to go to other than my house which was considerably empty almost all the time since my parents were both working overtime. The only person who I haven't refused to talk to these past few days was Zayn.

He never left my side unless he had to and he kept whispering words of comfort in my ear whenever I broke down all over again. Never in a million years would I expect to seek solace in someone who I used to be dating and is now comforting me over the guy I'm currently dating. Although, I'm not sure whether Harry and I could still be considered as dating.

I knew that sooner or later, I'd have to face Harry again. Besides, I don't want to leave him all the time with the wicked witch of the east, Audrey. But for now, I still need time to think and control my emotions. I've been told that I shouldn't pressure Harry into remembering anything which is why it’s best for me not to see him for a while. I doubt that I can control myself in front of him. The worst case scenario would be me running into his arms and him not remembering me again.

"What are you thinking?" A husky voice broke my train of thought.

"Nothing, just some stuff. The usual." I shrugged to make it seem nonchalant but I should've known that he could see right through the mask that I've been putting on for a few days now.

His eyes were boring right into mine and I knew that he wanted to make everything okay for me, to make me feel better that's part of the reason why I've been trying to smile as much as I could but either way, he still knew how I really felt. Zayn's gaze moved from mine and turned to the road. He puts one of his hands in mine and squeezes it a bit before taking a curve to the right.

It took a while for me to realize that we weren't on the passing on the familiar road to my house. 

"Um- Zayn, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." His answering smile was so infectious that it made my lips curl up into a smile. He drove in silence for a couple more minutes, not one of us uttered a word but somehow it felt nice. It wasn't awkward or anything.

The radio was on and my eyes closed as I listened to the soft melody of their song, "Little Things." This was the song every girl wanted to hear from the guy they loved. The perfect song to remove every single ounce of insecurity a girl had.

Wrapped up in my own world, I barely noticed when Zayn finally cut off the engine and went out to open my door for me.

"Being a gentleman, eh?" I said teasingly.

"Aren't I always?" He winked and held his hand out for me to take. 

I took it willingly and without any malice. Zayn and I are only friends and I'm sure he knows how much Harry means to me. Sure we had a thing in the past but I'm with Harry now and with Harry is where I'm meant to be.

I take a sharp intake of breath as I register what's in front of me. We were in a carnival. People were strolling happily around us, kids were running and playing while other people took turns on the different booths. The scene happening in front me tickled a memory at the back of my mind. My first date with Zayn. We were at a carnival just like this one.

"Come on, I know where we should go first." He grabs my hand and drags me to the nearest photo booth.

"A photo booth? Now, why does this seem familiar?" I put a finger on my chin and pretend to think hard.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says, feigning innocence. I laugh and step inside the booth and Zayn follows behind me.

Just like before, we made silly faces until the last shot. Thankfully, this time a kiss was not involved. We got out the booth, still laughing at our goofy poses. Once our picture was out he took it and waved it around for me to see. He gives one strip to me while he keeps the other.