Chapter 6

I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a while. I've been really busy with school. I hope you guys understand.

I hope you liked it! Comment and vote it you did.

This was not edited.

* * * *

Kate's Point of View

Annabeth and James. They were here. They both had huge grins on their faces with their arms wide open. And just like that, I sprinted towards them and let them envelop me in the warmth of their arms.

The comfort of their hug brought tears to my eyes. Everything around me was happening so fast and it was too much. Them being here brought back a sense of normality in my life.

"I missed you so much," My voice was barely a whisper but I knew that they heard me.

"Everything is going crazy. I don't know what to do anymore. But I'm so glad that you're both here." I said, pulling back to wipe the stray tears that escaped my eyes.

James frowned, "You sound like you're about to give up. That's not the Kate that we know,"

"What is wrong? Did something happen?" His concern was evident in his eyes and on his voice.

Annabeth was looking at me expectantly, waiting for an answer.

I sighed, this wasn't easy to talk about but they were my friends. They knew about me and Harry. They deserve to know that truth.

In all honesty, I wasn't so sure I could even talk about it. Talking about it hurt, talking about it made it feel more real than it already was.

I nodded in defeat, "Let's go inside, this is going to take a while."

Once we were inside and sitting comfortably in the living room, I began to tell them everything that they missed.

When it went to the part about Harry and Audrey, I had to stop myself from breaking down. They both gave me sympathetic looks but other than that they remained silent until I finished.

"Oh Kate, I'm so sorry," Annabeth wrapped her arms around me in an attempt to comfort me.

"You should have told us. We would have been here much sooner if you did."

"It's not your fault, Annabeth. I wouldn't have wanted to bother you with my problems anyway."

"But you're our friend. This wouldn't have bothered us. We should have been here when you needed us the most."

I just shook my head and gave her a small smile that said I was fine.

I noticed that James hasn't said anything since I finished. I looked over to him and saw that his jaw was clenched shut and his hands were curled up into fists.

"James?" I asked, softly.

I kneeled in front of him, slowly uncurling his fingers. I expected him to at least say something by now but he stayed silent.

"James, what's wrong?" I was confused. I didn't expect him to react this way.

"Everything is wrong," He grunted, rubbing his temples. "I shouldn't have left you with him. I should have known he'd hurt you." It was like he was talking to himself rather than to me.

"Stop blaming yourself for something that wasn't even in your control. What happened to Harry isn't anyone's fault." Anyone but me.

"Come on, you guys just got here. We shouldn't be moping around. I'd rather spend the day with you guys without having to think of my problems."