CRUMPLING WALLS

Hiding behind the thick bushes that serves as a flimsy excuse to obscure his hunched figure from prying eyes, taehyung's eyes travelled left and right, anticipating the arrival of the sweet scent he's been secretly craving badly for.

Never in his life had he thought he would stand stranded in the middle of the road so to get a glimpse of his mate. 

Three days.

Three days since jimin kicked him out of his house. 

Three days of taehyung having to sleep without cuddling jimin, his baby bump and his little pie.

Having to walk away from his home leaving behind his heart with the person he gifted it to sounds impossible to his own ears and taehyung is having a hard time convincing his alpha to lay low cause god forbid his wolf is stupid and reckless than him.

He's been spending these days hearing his wolf talk his ear off, incessant complaints of why he's not going back to his mate, the only question he's been asked quite an awful amount of times in the days that passed.

Taehyung doesn't know how to convince his alpha any more. His wolf's been extra restless in nights, not allowing him to nap peacefully and taehyung's been tossing and turning around in bed unable to soothe its worries. 

Like the last time, his hyungs were considerate to let him crash at their home, giving him free food and listening to him complain and whine about missing his home. He doesn't know how to repay namjoon or seokjin for feeding his sorry ass when all he did in these three days was mope around and be unproductive.

At night, he  is only able to close his eyes for some time and then he wakes up to his wolf howling and making tantrums that are endless and tiring. His scent soured in an instant and these outbursts affect his hyungs as well and taehyung is unable to remember the number of times namjoon or seokjin found him pacing back and forth in the dead of the night.

There are dark circles under taehyung's eyes, his unwashed hair reminds him of a bird's nest, his lips are bitten raw from worrying them between his teeth for a long time and his legs hurt from crouching down on the hard ground awaiting jimin's arrival.

Taehyung feels petty for planning to ambush his mate on his way to their pups school but he's heart sick and in dire need of some jimin-time. Or in simple words taehyung is  ready to beg his mate to take him back and though such acts are unheard from an alpha's side, he is ready to amend or even get down on his knees if it means he'll be let back into his house.

The smell of extremely sweet vanilla wafted into taehyung's nose breaking him out of the trail of distressing thoughts he has spiralled into, ears perking up at the faint thudding of soft footsteps that resonated in the quietness of the lonely pathway. In the next instant, his wolf buzzed alive from feeling jimin near, so close than what he's been allowed to in the past days ( he's been snooping around) and taehyung is suddenly struck with a yearning so hard it could rip his heart apart.

Taehyung's eyes frantically searched for the owner of the sugary scent, a silent whimper leaving his lips as the object of his affection walked (waddled) into his line of sight, dressed in an oversized pink sweater and soft white pants. His omega's right hand is cradling his swollen belly and as expected a familiar itch began in taehyung's palms as he saw jimin's fingers stroking the prominent bulge with utmost care.

Jimin looks like a dream, the kind of dream taehyung is volunteering to get lost forever cause he is positively awestruck by the omega's beauty. Six years of being mated to jimin and taehyung is still smitten from just a glance, still head over heels in love with the person he promised a forever with.

His omega is glowing, pretty and so temptingly pink in all the right places and taehyung only wants to have a bite contrary to his alpha who is dying to hold their mate in his arms.

Taehyung would do anything in exchange to smooch his omega endlessly.

Oh how parched he is from not being able to kiss jimin's baby bump.

Jimin's small but adorably pink fingertips brushed tormentingly slow through the smooth hair locks taehyung used to fondle at times when jimin cuddles up to him, those eyes that had and will always mesmerize him till the day he dies to those juicy lips that presses the most tender kiss to his forehead everyday before he leaves for work. More than anything taehyung misses snuggling to the warmth of his omega's full belly, yearns for the tiny and lingering kisses he sneaks in everytime jimin fell asleep in his arms, uncovered belly cozy and hiding his and jimin's joy in it. He misses dozing off happy and content engulfing yoonjae and jimin in his bear hug like he did everyday since jimin got pupped.

Without taehyung's knowledge, his lavender peeked, clogging his surroundings while he was busy oogling at his pupped mate who was unaware of his peeping eyes at the time and taehyung held in a breath when jimin's feet stopped short a few feet away from where he is hiding subtly in the bushes.

It's like jimin's omega reached out to the voice of his alpha's upsetting cries cause not long after his mate is turning around, eyes inspecting the wilderness circling the perimeter and taehyung wanted to rush out of the thicket he is using as a cover into the arms of his omega, to pull jimin into his side and never let him go.

Taehyung watched breathless as jimin's eyes roamed around, fingers creeping up the side of his neck to graze the mark hidden beneath his top. 

Taehyung saw jimin's fingers nudge his mark, a shiver shaking his form from the first stroke of his omega's soft fingers on the scar that carries his scent. It's then jimin's eyes locked with his, the delightful howl of his alpha shrill and deafening among static noises in his head.

Mate. Mate. Mate.

His wolf chanted, giddy and enthusiastic ready to pounce after he gives the greenlight, to bound right up to the love of his life.

But unfortunately as taehyung made the decision to run to his omega, in came the scent of sandalwood and the person taehyung often associates as 'trouble' in capital letters (highlighted in neon lights) and oh how unlucky is he really?

***

This isn't much but yeah I hope to end this fic with the next chapter

Sorry for updating late😅