Chapter 2: Waiting Game

The time was ticking. Today was the day N was going to run off to the labs. He just needed to wait, which was the hard part. Looking around, seeing everybody around Thad, around Lizzy, what fools to think so highly of those awful people. N didn't pay too much attention to it though. He had his own problems to worry about. He couldn't believe Uzi was actually dead, it was the last thing he expected from her. It's all their fault. It's her dads fault, Thads fault, even Lizzys fault, even though Uzis reasoning was because of her "form" thing, he knew they all played a part. They built up on it until she couldn't handle it anymore and she broke, and the worst part is, they don't even care. Nobody cares it seems like, the principal, the teachers, nobody seems to care. But N does, because he was Uzis one and only friend. They did everything together. Nothing could've pulled them apart..

Well.. except this.

N watches the clock hit 2, only an hour left. He's in geography class, not like he's paying attention though. He hasn't heard a word the teacher, or really anybody has said. Because he doesn't care, that's not his current worry. And he can't tell anybody that because nobody cared for Uzi, so why would they care if he does? Even though Uzi could be "rude" sometimes, she still had a heart. She was yelling and crying for help, for somebody to be there. And it seems I was the only one who heard those cries.

Time seems way slower, feels like every second is a minute, and every minute is an hour. He can't take his eyes off of it, he can't wait. Not in an exited way either, in a way.. that he needs this. He needs to figure out he truth, what answers Uzi had been longing for. He went in her room a few times after the incident, and there were so many books he had not noticed before. She said she just liked reading books, but I think otherwise. She just wanted to find out what she was, what was haunting her everyday. I wish I knew sooner.. before she did this. I would've helped her as much as I could.. but I guess there's no going back now.

The clock hits 2:30. 30 minutes left. It felt like that took forever. How much longer could this possibly take?! N was growing impatient, but tried to keep his cool. He hated this. It felt like torture and he hated it. Why did this feel like it's taking so long? It felt like forever, it felt like everything was in slow motion, when that the opposite of what he wanted.

Finally, after all this time and waiting, N saw the clock strike 3. He heard the bell and zoomed out of that classroom, and outside he went. He started his journey to the labs, not exactly knowing where they are, but Uzis dad, he thinks his name is Khan? Gave him a mini map to hopefully help him get there, it kind of helps, he wished it wasn't mini though. He walked and walked, it felt as long as that hour in class felt. But worse, more tense, more anxiety filled. Like he was scared, but he didn't know why.. he didn't know what was coming, or what he should be expecting. All he wanted was to see Uzi again, even though he knew that was impossible. She was dead, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"Hey loser"

N heard a voice behind him that made him jump and point his acid filled tail towards the person.. until he realized who it was.

"V?! How- when-"
"I followed you, duh."
"..V IVE BEEN TRAVELING FOR 2 HOURS!"
"I guess you're that stupid, or im that sneaky."

V says with a grin, N is shocked to know V has been following him this entire time, and he never noticed.

"Well why are you following me?.."
"..I was bored?"
"..really? Do you even know where I'm going or why?"
"..no?"
N sighs
"Alright I guess you can tag along."
"You didn't have much of a choice anyway"

V walks beside N
"Soo... since I'm coming with you, tell me where your going and why? I want in on the drama!"
"Well, I'm going to this lab of some sort, I-"
"Cabin Fever Labs?"
"Uh- probably? Anyway, I've been friends with this girl named Uzi who is kinda hated by everyone and her dad is not really around, apparently I was the only one who made her happy but I guess she was going through some things that I didn't know about.. she said she has this form?.. I don't know.. but her dad gave me this little map to follow to the labs and I guess I'll get answers there?"
"And where is Uzi now?"
"Oh.. uh.. she... ended her life."
"Oh! That's unexpected."
"Yeah.. here look."
N hands V the picture of N and Uzi in the locket and shows her Uzi's last note.
"That's rough."
"Yeah I know."
"So what's the plan again?"
"I don't have an exact plan.. but my goal is to find what was wrong with Uzi, and find the answers she was looking for.. while she was still alive."
"..I'm in."
"What?"
"Sounds interesting, and something about this girl.."
V looks at the picture of Uzi and N again
"Something.. looks.. familiar... and that name.. I feel like I've heard it before.."
V hands the locket and note back to N quickly
"Probably nothing, I'm overreacting a bit.. I think. Oh and I brought some oil for us on the way! Because you know, we need it to survive!!"
"Right."

N and V walk and sometimes V makes a comment or something to start a conversation. But she couldn't get her mind off of how familiar that Uzi girl seems. After a couple more hours of long walking, they look in front of them, and see a big building. Scared, excited, who knows how they felt. Heck, they didn't even know. All they know is that they've finally reached their destination.

Cabin Fever Labs.

————————————————————————

WOAH THIS IS CRAZYYYY
I'm so sorry for not making a chapter in quite some time, school has been keeping me busy and so has my personal life but IM BACK!!
I swear I didn't give up on this story, I had this draft here for a while (like before thanksgiving) and it just wasn't able to be worked on and finished but NOW IT IS!! So as an apology, I've made this chapter pretty long:)

Have a amazing day/night!💜

1126 words