Chapter 4: Oil Puddles

"Well that's freaky."
"You don't even sound scared?!"
"..N you forget we're murder drones.. I've seen worse.. or better, in my eyes."
"You're insane."
"I know!"

N and V walk around, N still freaked out about the oil. But then he gets an idea.

"Hey.. what if we break the ceiling where we saw the oil drip.. maybe there's something up there?"
"Woah.."
"What?"
"You're being smart for once"

N rolls his eyes at the comment. He looks at the ceiling, takes out his claws, jumps up and cuts into the ceiling, and ripping it as he falls down. Sure enough, there's definitely something up there.

"Uh oh.."
"Nice."

V and N use there wings to make the hole bigger so they can get up. It was completely pitch black, so they used their half dead flashlights to give them some light. From what they could see, there were vines everywhere, and they were black and red.

"What are these things?!"

They seem to be.. moving? The more they look the more they realize this is an attic, a big one. And the vines seem to be leading somewhere. But V and N couldn't find out where because there was a wall blocking it, why was there a wall in an attic cutting it in half?!

"Ugh, of course.. something in my way as usual."
"What's always in your way?"
"Usually you."
"V!! That's so not nice! Also this is a serious problem!"
"Yeah yeah whatever.."

They go back down from the attic and explore more. N seems very suspicious of the locked door they couldn't get into earlier. He doesn't bother, since he couldn't know what was in it anyway. They found a couple other rooms with more pictures they couldn't make out. Almost like they were blurry.. but were a piece to something. They just collect them, maybe they could be used later.

N and V hears a loud noise, like a thud, and they hide. They see something, someone, but couldn't see who it was. They eventually left.

"That was concerning."
"Duh?"
"You know you're being really rude."
"...your point is?"
"Stop doing it! I get you hate me but at least pretend to care!"
"..I—"
"Just.. whatever."

N walks out of the room upset, leaving V feeling extremely guilty, was she being too harsh? She only wanted to lure N out of this place, to keep him safe. She doesn't know who this Uzi girl is but he seems to care about her a lot..

V doesn't move. She feels awful for how she's been treating N. He didn't deserve that. He only wants to save... well.. find his friend.. one that actually treats him right, unlike she did. How could she be so awful to him? No matter how rude she's been to him, he still was the kindest person she could ever imagine after going through all of that emotional abuse.

V looked down to the ground, and wanting to just go into her thoughts, she sees something else.

Oil.

A big puddle of it.

And yes, oil is everywhere here. But this one was different. It was right in front of the door N and V were unable to get into. Like it was coming from that room.. what could be in there? V looked around some more, and just kept finding puddles of oil, whether it was from the ceiling, dripping from places, coming from under doors, it was everywhere. What happened here? Did people get murdered? That sounds cool— wait.. what was V thinking? She should be trying to fix the problem, not influence it! She shook her head to get those thoughts out of her head, and walked around some more. She was still worried about where N went, but she tried not to think about it much, he could protect himself.. she thinks.

After some walking around, and only seeing oil, V got bored. Then she remembered how they found things in the drawers in the other room, so maybe there were things in these ones? There's a ton of desk.. even though they're everywhere. There has to be something.. right?

V walks around, opening every drawer and cabinet she can find. She finds some blank papers, covered in oil.. and found some pencils.. some broken pieces of whoever knows what... and then she found something. A book— wait no.. it's a diary... but who's diary? Vs question was immediately answered when she opened the diary to the first page, and though most of it was covered in oil... of course.. she could make out the name:

"Nori Doorman".

She remembers the card they found earlier, it also said Nori, but this was across the room? Looks like a lot happened here, so V isn't really surprised. She reads the diary, but it doesn't have words.. just pictures of this, thing? It looks like a little square, with 3 arrows coming out of the sides. V had never seen that symbol before.. she thinks. She flips through the pages, more doodles... doodles..... more.. doodles... and then she found something. On the very last page. V could tell it was written fast, the writing was so messed up she could barely read it. But if she squinted her eyes just enough.. she could make out what it said.

"To whoever reads this... if anybody ever does. Please, for my sake (and my door-addicted husband), please make sure my daughter is okay. It's unfortunate how I won't be able to spend more of her life with her, but I don't have a choice. These things... this thing.. has come to kill us all. For what? Nobody knows. I seen something.. a name. It might be hers.. I'm not su—

Wait.. what happened?! No.. the rest of the letter is covered in oil... who is her daughter? Could it be... no. That would be way too crazy of a coincidence. There's no possible way.

V sighs. She can't get the guilt of being mean to N off of her mind. She has to find him, to apologize for what she did.... What she said. This time wasn't fully a waste, she did find something interesting. Though it did annoy her about how the part she mostly needed was covered in oil, but it's better than nothing. With diary in hand, she turns away from the desk, and goes on a hunt to find N.

————————————————————————

Hey guys!!!..😍

I'm really sorry about being inactive, and how long it took for this part to come out. School and home has been very stressful for me, and I haven't had the time to do things I needed to do. I'll try my very hardest to not take as long for the next part, but I cannot promise anything. I love you all, and thank you for waiting! (If you even still are, if not it's fine lol)

1154 words