Chapter 3: Cabin Fever Labs

"Well that sure looks like something." V said, as both her and N were still staring at the huge building, deep in the forest.
"It sure does, looks scary.."
"You scared?"
"No!"
"..sure."
"Hey! We're in this hug forest in front of this huge building with my best friends answers she has been looking for her entire life!"
"..you sure she's your friend?"
"What do you- V!!!"
V giggled at Ns reaction to what she said.
"Come on you simp, let's go inside."
"Right.."

V and N find the entrance and walk inside, it was really dark, but N brought a flashlight with him so it worked out. They looked around, everything was messy, and organized at the same time. Like all the desks were in line but everything was everywhere, like something happened. V and N looked around more.

"Yo, N.."
"Hm?"
"This girl looks a lot like that Uzi you were talking about"
"Huh?"

Sure enough, there was a desk with the numbers "002" on it, and there was a picture and a keycard. The name was "Nori", and V was right, she looked a lot like Uzi.

"Coincidence?.."
"..I don't know she was your best friend!! I don't even know the girl!"
"Right, sorry..?"

N saw something though, a memory. It was of him and Uzi. Why though? Did something trigger it? It was very short, it was just him and Uzi sitting across from each other of the floor with some drawings in front of them, and all he could hear was Uzi say:

"But when they had me, something happened with my mom."

And then N snapped back to reality with V snapping her fingers at him.

"Hheeellllooooo??? Is anybody in there?"
"Uh- sorry. I zoned out."
"Mhm."

How come N had that memory when he saw the picture of that girl that looks like Uzi? Could that be.. no way- it can't be.. right?
N takes the keycard with him and puts it in an empty pocket in his book bag.

"Stealing stuff I see?"
"1. It's not stealing if the place is clearly abandoned 2. Yes, because maybe it has something to do with what we're looking for."
As N walks, he trips over... holes? Why would there be holes in the ground? Weird.. but he didn't think too much into it. He kept walking and looking at other things. The only thing that caught his eye was that the desk "001" was completely wiped out, it was the only desk that was destroyed and out of line. The only thing that was really visible was.. broken glass? But there seemed to be a lot of desks.. the numbers just kept rising. Since this is a lab.. there were obviously workers.. so if Nori was Uzis mom.. was she a worker here? If so was that what happened to her? N couldn't recall anything else from that memory or form that day at all, like it was wiped from him. He could only remember that one sentence. This lab gave off a weird vibe, something he didn't like— and it seemed like B didn't like it either. She looked uncomfortable and just, overall really wanting to say "this place is freaky", and N can't even disagree.

"This place is... weird."

And N called it.

"Thank robo-god I'm not the only one who thinks that."
"Shut up we aren't bonding you weirdo."
"Clearly the place is making you change too, no surprise there."
"Oh shut up."
"You didn't have to come with me."
"...true. Just shut up!"

N didn't talk after that, he didn't want to deal with whatever V wanted to yell at him about. They came across a door, it seems to not budge but V didn't want to give up on opening it. It seems like something behind it was blocking the way from getting through. No matter how much V tried, it wouldn't budge. Defeated, she walked away to another door, but this one opened. There was a light switch, but only 2 of the lights actually worked. When V and N looks around, stepping into the room, they saw something they never even thought they would see.

A bit picture of  N, V, and another girl but her face was blacked out with.. oil? They were freaked out but didn't back out, they needed answers. They looked through cabinets, and drawers, every picture they found of the same girl, since they could tell because of her outfit and hair, her face was blacked out with oil of some sort. Until they found a picture of Uzi when she was pretty much a baby, her dad, and another women, probably her mom, face was also blanked out. But it wasn't with oil, it was a giant hole? Like something burned the paper only on her face. Couldn't be a coincidence, right? N felt scared, but in a way that something was telling him to leave this place, but he knew he couldn't. He had to find the answers that he came here for, then he would leave and never say a word about any of it again. But when V and N were right next to each other, from the ceiling, oil drips onto the floor. They both look at each other and back at the oil in fear.

What did that come from.

————————————————————————

WOAH OKAY I didn't expect to write so much but I just started writing and I couldn't stop lol so you guys get a pretty long chapter:)

924 words