2. konjac jelly

‧˚₊⋅ ୨୧ ⋅₊˚‧

     What happened to our school's fangirls? The ones that would rather suffocate than quit yapping about our basketball players? Where were they at this time of day when you honestly needed them the most? You groaned in annoyance and frustration. Attention wasn't something you craved. In fact, it's something you avoided at all cost. Yet here you were. Eyes of the basketball players fixed on you as you made your way into the gym.

Just ignore it.

You sat on the bottom-most bleacher, taking your camera out the bag and adding the appropriate lenses. Once you felt like no one was looking at you anymore, you glanced up at the guys. They were working on different plays at the moment. The starting five on offense, while the others were assigned to defend them. You would be lying if you said you weren't intrigued by basketball. It was one of the few sports you actually found interesting. You watched as Jungwon skillfully set a screen for Jay who looked like he was trying to get lower in the paint. Once he was no longer being defended due to the successful play made by their captain, Jay attempted a jump shot. It was close, but not enough to go in. Suddenly, Niki sneaks out of nowhere, grabbing the rebound mid-air, and making a layup. Considering he was the center, the biggest one on the team, he hid himself pretty well. His gaze quickly shifted to your direction while yours shifted back to your camera, suddenly feeling the need to play with its settings.

After getting some shots during their warmup, you found yourself back at your same spot on the bleachers, waiting for your best friend who should be arriving any moment. You heard feet shuffling towards your direction. It seems their mini practice ended. Sweaty bodies pushing each other as they tried to get their bags and leave to get ready for the game. You felt someone approaching your right.

"Y/nieeeee I brought you your favoriteee!!Pleasedon'tbemadatmeIcameassoonasIcould!" You looked to your left and smiled at Wonie. She placed the mini konjac jellies on your lap. They were lychee flavored. Your favorite. "I'm not mad I was just wondering where you were", you said quietly as you got up and left with her to get the posters that needed to be hung.

"Missed your chance, huh", Heeseung said slinging an arm around Niki's shoulder. Niki stood in place, a couple feet from where you were just sitting. "I don't know what you're talking about."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆

y/n's pov

One point. Our school was down one freaking point. With less than a minute left on the clock. At this point my camera was long forgotten as I watched attentively. Our team was on defense right now. One of the opposing players was somehow able to break the full court press, dribbling down to where I was, at the end of the court. He quickly slowed the pace, attempting to run the clock. What an oxymoron. I could feel the frustration of the team though. It was quite obvious our rivals were intending to waste as many seconds as they possibly could. Once the shot-clock hit 5 seconds, the rival player dribbled down, attempting to make a layup. Niki quickly put his hands up knowing he could block the shot easily. But that's exactly what the rival player was hoping for. Purposefully, he made "contact" with Niki's arm and flopped onto the ground. I gasped as the ref called a foul.

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

"HE OBVIOUSLY DID THAT ON PURPOSE REF!"

"BOOOOOOOOO"

end pov

The crowd was not happy. Neither were the players. Sunghoon had to hold back a fuming Niki who felt the need to give the ref a piece of his mind. "Enough Niki, you're gonna end up getting a tech. Don't fuck this shit up for us by fouling out the game. We need you." Niki groaned, remembering the other calls made on him in the previous quarters. He lined up on the line. First shot was missed. 'If you're gonna make a shitty ass play for free throws, at least make a fucking free throw', Niki thought. Across from him, Jay snickered. It seems he was able to read Niki's mind. The second shot was missed as well.

Dumbass.

The ball was now live. Niki quickly snatched it and looked up. 'pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease...' Seven seconds left on the clock.
7...

6...

5...

Niki dribbled up
snap.

4...

He noticed the shadow of a smaller figure
snap.

3...

As if his body reacted on its own, he chucked the ball in front of the still-running figure
snap.

2...

After finding an opening, the ball was effortlessly laid up by Jake
snap.

1...

The buzzer sounded. The gym stood completely silent. The ball circled the rim. One, two, three, four times until it finally... went it.
snap.

Screams erupted from the crowd. You exhaled a breath you didn't even realize you were holding. You were glad you took pictures of the seconds leading up to the team's win or else Wonyoung would've killed you.

The boys hugged each other, yelling and celebrating, water spraying everywhere. Girls surrounded their circle, congratulating them with sports drinks and towels. Yet all Niki could think about was a certain student council photographer. Did you watch him? Were you proud of him? He scanned the gym. You were no where in sight.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆

"Snacks on me!" yelled the team captain as the seven entered the convenience store.

Niki looked around. Going from the savory chip aisle to the aisle filled with candy. The pink packaging he familiarized himself with a couple hours ago immediately caught his eye. Mini konjac jelly. Lychee flavored. Niki quickly grabbed it, handing it to Jungwon.

"Just this please."