4. nervous

‧˚₊⋅ ୨୧ ⋅₊˚‧

nervous by the neighborhood 🎧

     Day 2 without my precious Wonie. Slowly losing my sanity as I speak. Am I even speaking? God if somebody read your mind they would probably run in the opposite direction as fast as they could.

Your body stood glumly in front of the vending machine. 'Lychee Caplico or vanilla latte?' If Wonie was here she would've helped you. Your inner monologue was quickly interrupted by a light tap on your shoulder. You jumped instantly. Turning around, ready to apologize to the unfortunate person who had to stand behind you for minutes as you weighed out your options. Oh- it was Niki.

"I'm sorry, I'll be quick I promise", you muttered quietly looking up at the oreo-colored hair boy.  

'So tiny', Niki thought as he looked down at your tired figure.

"No, no it's okay. I actually came to talk to you."

"To talk to me?"

Niki scratched the back of his neck and laughed nervously. What happened to his ultimate rizz? And why tf was he sweating so much?

"Yeah, I just really liked the song you showed me yesterday."

There. He saw something from you that he never thought he would get the honor to see in this lifetime. At his comment, your eyes lit up instantly and a small smile spreads on your face. You clapped your hands together-well your sleeves, because your hands were completely covered by the material.

"You liked it?" your hopeful tone mixed with your wide eyes made the boy's heart flutter. The same feeling he felt last night. A blush spread across his face that he luckily did a good job at hiding.

"Yeah. I loved it actually. All my friends listen to hype music, y'know stuff to get us ready for games..." He was rambling. Niki quickly caught himself. "Um anyways, I was gonna ask if you had more songs that you could recommend to me."

"you got me nervous to speak"

You were silent for a second, and that made Niki extremely nervous. "I could just give you my playlist." If Niki was feeling giddy before, God knows what he was feeling now.

"Okay! Sounds good!" He was so excited, he didn't even realize how exactly you were gonna give him your playlist. So he was definitely confused when you held out your phone with the new contact screen pulled up.

"Um give me your number... so y'know I can send you my playlist."

He looked up from your phone to your face. You were blushing. Now he was blushing.

"i got goosebumps all over me"
"when you're around, hard for me to breathe"

He quickly typed in his number and handed your phone back. "Thank you y/n. Well I'll leave you alone now! Bye!" Niki speed-walked away from where you stood. His hand covering his red face, hoping you didn't hear how loud his heart was beating.

"Niki!"

He turned around and was met with his six friends who were laughing. Hysterically.

"WTF WAS THAT!" Jake asked while holding his stomach.

"What happened to being the rizziest first year to ever exist", Sunghoon added, leaning on Jay for some sort of balance as he tried to catch his breath.

"SHE WAS THE ONE WHO RIZZED HIM UP!"

At this comment, the whole group fell on the floor. Literally dying of laughter.

"I hate you all."

Jungwon got up, wiping his tears. "It's true though. Even though we make fun of your "rizz", girls do naturally gravitate towards you. It's funny how a girl who showed absolute zero interest in you has you acting like a fool."

"Pftt. No wonder you always ask about her."

"I ASKED ABOUT HER ONCE."

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆

"Wonie are you feeling okay?" you asked your best friend. Seeing her, even only through phone, definitely made you feel better. "Yeah I'll be back by tomorrow don't worry pookie:p" You rolled your eyes but giggled at the little pet name she gave you. You stood quiet for a second before finally speaking up.

" I have to tell you something."

"SPILL"

You laughed at her eagerness. "Ummm, welll. The past two days you've been gone... me and Niki have had a couple conversations together. Just us two."

"AS IN NISHIMURA RIKI?!"

"No Nicki Minaj."

"TELL ME MORE WOMAN!" She completely ignored your joke.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧ ⁺˚⋆。°✩₊⋆ ˚。⋆

niki's pov

Practice was finally over. I slumped down on the bench, untying my basketball shoes and replacing them with my regular shoes. Being the center was no joke. Bruises and scratches were littered all over my body. I was definitely gonna be sore tomorrow. Grabbing my phone to check the time, I instantly forgot about it as I looked at the newest notification.

from: unknown number
hey niki
it's y/n. here's my playlist
link

Niki quickly responded as if you wouldn't answer him anymore because of his lagging.

niki
hii y/n!
tysmmm
sorry just got out of practice.
i'll txt you more when i get home:)

y/n
kk