-- Pondering --

-- N --

I paced the courtyard that was the exterior of my landing pod. The corpse wall was removed by J, as she claimed: "I didn't want to scare the Worker Drones anymore since we probably saved their lives.", to which I called her "soft", although not unkindly, but J slapped me anyway. I kept thinking about Tessa, and wondering if she was okay. He especially worried about Uzi. Did she go back to her colony with her mother?

I continued that thought until J's voice interrupted. "N, there's someone sneaking around our territory. Help me check so I don't kill them." I stood up and followed J into the woods. Their steps were cautious as they followed a rustling sound that came from the bushes. Then, a soft whistle into the air came into hearing. It was melodic and quiet, but it sounded like it brought more meaning then it felt like.

I stepped in front of J to stop her, and if the message wasn't clear, I whispered: "I'll go check what's over there, you stay here." J looked like she wanted to argue, but she nodded and stepped back. I went into the bushes till I could see a shadow that darkened the path in front of me. A Worker Drone was strolling around the flora, minding her own business.

She had dull purple hair and a black striped beanie with a glittery bobble at the tip. She wore black boots with long, dark purple striped socks, as well as a black hoodie with a white emblem on the front depicting a battery with two bones going across it, creating an "X" shape. I felt like I recognized her, but it couldn't be Uzi, this Drone was a couple years older. Then again, it has been some time since we saw each other, so it might be Uzi after all.

My tail flicked unexpectedly and Uzi took notice. She dove into the bushes and hid, so I decided to present himself. As the moonlight shone on his face, Uzi's head popped out with an astonished expression. "N?"