-- Between The Two Of Us --

-- UZI --

I felt like a hot mess when we touched. N blushed and let go. I stammered, my feelings uncontainable. "W-woah.. N.. why'd you do that?" I said. We didn't seem to realize our hands were clasped together. N seemed like he didn't have an answer. I looked out the window. It was close to noon. "I- I have to go, sorry. N." I said, backing away. "It's okay. If I made you uncomfortable, you can tell me if you want to." N said, lowering his head. I put my hand under his chin and lifted up his head. "No, I'm fine. You don't have to be embarrassed about it, N."

Our moment was interrupted by J's voice that echoed from outside. "I don't think I have time to leave without J spotting me.. What do I do, N?" I said nervously. N looked around. "You should hide, er..." he trailed off, glancing around the room. "There." He pointed to a sort of closet where he probably believed I'd fit in. "Go hide there, and I'll tell you when the coast is clear." I nodded and dove between the bundle of clothes.

After what seemed like a hour, I could hear N's voice faintly outside the pod's walls. He was talking to J, like I had predicted. It went on for some time, then the sound of wings lifting and footsteps paddling towards the pod. I kept my breath still, sure that J was nearby. But when I opened the closet door by an inch to peek out, it was N, to my relief.

"Okay, I think you can come out now, Uzi." He reassured, so I opened the door further and slid myself out. "I think I have to go now, N. Talk tomorrow?" I said, smiling at him. N smiled back and nodded. "Oh, I meant to give you this." N suddenly said, handing me a sort of box. It was small enough to fit in my hand, and it had a black casing with purple flames along the bottom. "Oh! Thanks, N. I'll look at it when I get home." I said, astonished. N pulled me into a hug, and I left with a smile on my face.