Old Endings & New Beginnings.

A/N
I missed writing as Kim so much but now I've gotten so use to Eddie's POV I don't know how to write as Kim!🥲.
Ya girl needs help. Pls send it.

Enjoy, my Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDDIE MUNSON

Waynes home was always too silent for my liking. It had been even when I was a teenager, and I had Kim to change that for me most of the time. Even now, as I sat besides him in the lounge, nothingness emits in the air around us. The Television was blasting, the latest football game live on the TV, the sound of my hand digging into a bag of chips; the crunching louder than the chewing, the sound of children yelling in jubilation as the nights sky closed dark. And yet, Wayne's house was the most silent it had ever been before.

Since I moved him out of the trailer park, he's always been grateful enough to try and pay me back the favour, to which I never allow, but this is one of those favours. Football and beer.

Me and Wayne never really got to spend much time together, my touring never allowing me to stop for air, but when I was home I would always try and get back those missed memories, especially as after Kim passed, I changed.

I hibanated in my old room and mostly cried until there was nothing left to leave my body. The numbness took a while to settle in, and I mean a while.

One thing I vividly remembered about Kim, was that she struggled terribly with her mental health and she once told me about how the numbness would set in after a couple of days. Now, I'm not sure exactly how she got so lucky with escaping the pain, but I envied her for it. My heart felt as if it was shattering every millisecond I still breathed, and all I wanted was for that pain to take me to wherever it was that Kim was, and now knowing what I know, I'm so thankful for that pain.

I'm so thankful that the numbness didn't take over me because I'd never be where I am now, and I don't think I'd have felt this way about Kim still. The numbness would've stripped me of all I knew of her and the thought of that churned my stomach.

I couldn't imagine not loving Kimberly Cassidy. She was pure gold.

"Can I ask you somethin', son?." Wayne spoke up from besides me. I twisted my head to face him, my eyes landing on the side of his 'not so young' face.

"Sure." I said back, letting my eyes glance between him and the game.

"What'd you do when you found out Chrissy was pregnant with the twins?." His question caused my eyebrows to raise.

"I guess...I was a mix of emotions, to be honest." I shrugged. "One part of me was excited to become a father, another part was scared shitless of the responsibility...And then there was the third part of me that was mad at Chrissy for not telling me sooner so we could've planned it out and taken care of some things beforehand." I chuckled. "But overall, it was a happy day. I mean, how could it not be, right?" I chuckled and raised my head. "And then I married her.." I almost mumbled my words shamefully. The letters filled with regret for the poor choice I made back in 1986.

Wayne sighed and I wasn't so sure whether it was a sad sigh, or a 'I feel for you' sigh. Either way, he sighed.

"She was special to me once, y'know.." I leant back into the sofa and stared up at the ceiling; tinted yellow from the amount of nicotine produced from Wayne's cigarettes. "Always cared for me, was always nice to the people around us. I don't think anybody has a bad word to say about her, yet here we are." I chuckled dryly and dropped my head, focusing my attention on my rings. "I'm back living with my uncle because I'm in love with a woman who's..dead." I gulped as I said the word, because it was the wrong choice of vocabulary, but nobody else was to know that.