Once a Home, Now Insubstantial

A/N
So so so so so sorry for not updating yesterday! It was hectic..
I'm kinda liking these chapters of everybody's else POV of something to do with Kim. Whether it be bumping into her accidental and not recognising her or something to do with her and her past.
We'll be back on Kim and Eddie soon enough, just be patient my darlings.

Enjoy, My Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KATHLEEN CHEROKEE
1989.
London was nicer than Kim had always made it out to be. It wasn't particularly warm or boasting with hundreds of thousands of people, but it wasn't living up to the expectations forced by Kimberly.
If you ask me, I'd say it was prepossessing. The emptiness of the people wandering around aimlessly was comparatively easy and adorn and even Billy was impressed by its lack of depth for being a 'shit hole'.

"Eddie wants us back for Christmas again." Billy spoke down to me in his usual monotone voice as we walked the almost too quiet streets of London, not sure of their names but sure that they were uninhabited by the Christmas spirit that Hawkins held every year. "Says it's the twins first proper Christmas and he doesn't want them to miss out on anything, or anyone." He carried on as our fingers closed in against one another for warmth and with love.

Billy and I's relationship had been going on for just over three years now, and I'd never have expected it back when we were in high school. I don't think anybody would've anticipated the pair of us aligning ourselves with one another in a way such as this.

I think the only person who would've, who might've, was Kim.

"Lucky we didn't make any plans then, i suppose." I said back to him with my eyes pinned to any sign of violence, or unpleasantness that Kim always talked about.

"He shouldn't invite people." Billy mumbled and squeezed my hand tighter in his. "He always expects it to go well, but how can things go well when you have a drunk Steve present?." The joke that fell from Billy's lips didn't earn a single ounce of laughter from the pair of us, because Steve's drinking habits had become out of control; Maybe not to the point where he was unable to survive without the liquor, but every time we saw him, he was either drunk or about to be.

"Ed's lonely, baby." I defended Eddie. "We're all he has, and he wants to feel normal. He wants to feel normal and accepted in a world that only we have normalised and accepted him in." We turned the corner to the street that Hack had written down for us, an old memory of his and Kim's lives just metres away.

"I guess." Billy replied, not too interested in the subject of our famous friend. "But still. Why does he have to ruin Christmas for his children as well as us?." Billy had always hated spending Christmas with the Munsons. All it ever caused was havoc and chaos and surprisingly, Billy wasn't either of those things anymore.

"Because we're his family." I said and looked up to my boyfriend, smiling gently with a squeeze of his cold hand as we came to a stop outside of almost collapsed Bar that didn't look all the inviting.

I gently pulled Bil into the bar, opening the door with my elbow and walking the pair of us in to the booming establishment.

It was loud. It was thunderous and crammed packed with people who should've been at home, preparing for the Christmas parade in their homes in only two days, but here they were instead.