Chapter 1: 𝗗𝗂𝗌𝖼𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋

.

.

╒════════╕
𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵 𝟷
【𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝】
╘════════╛

╔═ ⌕ ᴰᴱᶠᴵᴺᴱ  ═════════╗
⎆ dis•cov•er
↳ find (something or someone)
unexpectedly or in the course
of a search.
╚═════════ ➥ᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿ  ═╝

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

Family

You'll always feel at home when you're with them. The feeling of warmth enveloping you is like on cloud nine. The smiles and laughter of your siblings are music to your ears. The figure of a mother, kind and gentle, is almost complete.

"....!"

I can't breathe!

Though, we don't have a father, it doesn't really matter. As long as we have our siblings and mama. We are always happy.

I feel like I'm dying...

As of this moment, we are 39 siblings. Our personalities, age, and ethnicities all vary. Of course, we're not blood related as we are all orphans. But in spite of this, I treasure everyone and every moment I have here. Everyone, Mama and my siblings, including the house is a family.

"Ma.... ma...!!"

...Help me...!!

It was like any other day. The plushed beds. Food that tasted gourmet. Our snow white uniform. The Identification numbers on our neck. And lasty, the litany of daily exams. It was all great until...

I gasped for air, breathing in and out. I stare at the wooden ceiling before sitting up straight. Looking around, I realized, I don't recognize this room. A headache burst in my head, pouding it like a door. That's when I remembered everything.....

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

"Milan!!"

The boy turns around seeing little children running up to him. He couldn't help but smile. "What's up?" He was carrying white sheets of blanket on his hand.

"Let's play!!"

"I wanna play tag!!"

They exclaimed what they want with the boy, making him giggle and pats one of them on the head. "After I'm done with laundry, okay?"

"Okay!!"

The children went back outside to play with their other siblings. This was Milan's daily life. It was nice and peaceful.

Milan is now 10 years old, soon-to-be one of the oldest in the house along with the other three 10 year olds. He was only playing with the children, nothing special that would cause him to be like this.

He breathes in and out. It was like drowning in water. Suffocating. The children looks at him in worry, others calling for the mother of the house. She took action immediately and tells him to breathe in and out of the paper bag.