Chapter 8: 𝗘𝗀𝗋𝖾𝗀𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌

.

.

╔═ ⌕ ᴰᴱᶠᴵᴺᴱ  ═════════╗
⎆ e•gre•gious
↳ outstandingly bad; shocking.
╚═════════ ➥ᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿ  ═╝

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

You've gone back into your ways of thinking things positively. Maybe the reason why you thought such cruelty of the world was because of your adherence. She said nothing but facts that drilled into your mind.

"Let's go over the plan." Ray spoke. "Once we enter free time after lunch, I'll lure Mama away. Norman, Emma, and Mil will climb the wall and scout the area." Ray turns to Don and Gilda.

"Don and Gilda, be somewhere you can see the House's second floor, south window. If things go wrong and I can't keep Mama occupied, I'll give you a signal. You let Mil, Emma, and Norman know to stop scouting immediately." Ray said.

"We're planning to escape in six days, ultimately, we have until January. Two and a half months until I turn twelve and get shipped out. Everything has to be done in secret. We have to pretend to be under control." Ray added.

"Don! Let's play!!" The kids call for him. "Gilda, too!"

"Alright! Let's play!" Don and Gilda went to entertain the kids.

"Ray, can we talk?" Norman demands.

Later in the room, Ray finds out that Krone figured out about the transmitters, exclaiming his shock. You facepalm, disappointed. "I knew it..."

"Sorry..." Emma apologized, head slightly down. You pat her head, forgiving her. As she accepts your pats with glee.

"We did get information out of her but we slipped up. I would like to move our escape date. When will you be able to destroy the transmitters?" Norman asks him.

Ray shows them an instant camera which was delivered to him through Mama. He says the way to destroy the transmitters is complete since he has all the parts he needs. After that, Ray tells them to go to Krone to make a deal.

"Say, Ray." You called catching his attention. "Before you break it, can I use the camera for a while?" You questioned, wanting to take many pictures before going to the outside world.

"Sure." He hands the camera to you with no hesitation. You gleamed in happiness and excitement. Ray couldn't help but stare at your reaction. Not noticing that the other two are also staring at you.

Cute...

No matter how much you tried to go back to your ways, you faked it out. You're only wearing a mask to hide all that positive stuff you thought of. But this was good enough, right? This was the best you can do to go back to your old ways of thinking positively.

It's not like anyone would notice...

In the end, you were able to lie to yourself like you lied to others.