Chapter 5: 𝗠𝖺𝖼𝖺𝖻𝗋𝖾

.

.

╔═ ⌕ ᴰᴱᶠᴵᴺᴱ  ═════════╗
⎆ ma•ca•bre
↳ disturbing and horrifying because
of involvement with or
depiction of death and injury.
╚═════════ ➥ᴱᴺᵀᴱᴿ  ═╝

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.·:*¨༺ 𓆩⟡𓆪 ༻¨*:·.

Milan, Gilda, and Don enter their mother's office with caution. They go in front of a shelf. "So the hidden door is behind here?" Don mumbles. "I can't keep my cool like those three. I want to save Conny!" Don tries opening the secret passage.

"Are we sure about this?" Gilda nervously said.

"I'm okay with it, Gilda. But if you don't want to, you don't have to." Milan smiles at her gently. "Besides, I'm suspicious of them." He looked back at the bookshelfs.

"Huh? You suspect them of lying?" Gilda looks at him, shocked and confused. Usually, Milan would believe in anything that his siblings tell him. Whether they broke something or the truth.

"I'm sorry, Gilda. But yes, it's obvious that they were lying to us to begin with." He moves his hand to cover his mouth. "It's more than just human trafficking."

A bang on the shelf cause Milan and Gilda to flinch. "Damn it! It won't even budge!" He frustratingly said.

"Wait." Gilda said and observes the structure of the book. "Look at the shape." With a simple mind, she was able to slide the shelf open.

"Cool!" Milan's eyes sparkled.

"Let's go in." Don said and inserts the key, unlocking it. They entered the hidden room. It was like a normal storage room. Milan looks back and slides the shelf close and door. Gilda lights up a lantern for them to see.

Don stepped on something and opens it. He motions to Milan and Gilda. They enter the hidden basement with a lantern to light their way, they saw something terrifying.

The previous kids who left the house have their toys here in Mama Isabella's basement. "Little Bunny...?" Don mumbles. He was shocked to see Conny's favorite doll was here.

Gilda was looking at the shelf and touched in to see if there's another secret passage. There was a communication device, hiding behind the shelves.

"It was true, what they said." Gilda turns to Don. Milan sat on the slanted ladders, observing the room. "Mama was lying. No one was sent to foster homes. Because if they were, there's no way this would be here."

"It would have been delivered to Conny." Milan said with a worried and scared look.

"But don't you think it's weird?" Don asked. "How did Emma and Norman figure out that the people our siblings left were really bad guys? Are those three really telling the truth?" Don said.

"Wha--"

"Could it be that Mama is a lot worse than we think...? And all of our siblings have already..." He trails off.