𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐬

━━━━━━━━━━━

Brushing my shock aside for the time being, I continued to read the letter. And in the midst of that, I realized why the name of that Inspector Campbell had sounded so familiar.

Royal Irish Constabulary

Dear Madam,

To relive you from the present annoyance from our timely visits and our indecisiveness, I propose you the idea of you being our helping hand as discussed in our previous meetings. A week from now, I shall send you the girl I had been talking about. She is excellent at her work and a fine asset to our plan.

Her name is Grace Burgess.

I hope you would be able to aid her. She has offered herself to be my eyes and ears around the town. And your assistance will be greatly appreciated. A task befalling upon me by the grace of Winston Churchill himself. Such an honor. A small task of retrieving the stolen guns from the notorious gang leader, Tommy Shelby. You must have heard of the Peaky Blinders. Yes, the Shelby's run it — more so Tommy Shelby, despite not being the eldest, he is the most dangerous and smartest of them all. Be cautious of him.

My sources tell me, only the Shelby brothers have the knowledge of the whereabouts of the guns. And we need the location. While I have little doubt about the girl failing the mission, I shall be on ease if you agree to help her.

If you shall, feel free to step back from the plan anytime. As I would feel ashamed to force you into aiding us.

If you agree to this, I shall be in your debt forever, Sergeant Dunsmore (Even if you have stepped back from the position after the war, I can not help but still think of you as an honorable woman).

Yours truly,

Campbell.