𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

━━━━━━━━━━━

It was Saturday lunchtime. The place was heaving with men, some of them wearing blue scarfs. Beer was flying over the bar and the talk was loud. It had been a week of me working here and you could not even begin to imagine all the taunting I had to face from Daya. It was intense. Like, a former sergeant working as a barmaid? What a joke.

But she didn't know that I was a former sergeant, no one in the street did. I guess that was me keeping my real identity a secret from the outside world for some reason that I didn't seem to remember. I wish I could remember my past in this time though. It would make things so much easier. Anyway, Daya just knew that I didn't want to work as a barmaid and now that I was doing just that, she couldn't help but tease me about it.

And it wasn't helping that the landlady had also joined in on Daya's teasing. Mr. Willy Wonka was the only one on my side now. Oh, how I missed him. Anyway, right now, I was sitting on a small box, strong enough to hold my weight and Grace was learning the ropes but she was already pulling pints with aplomb.

"This is so boring." I mumbled and rubbed my eyes, already feeling sleepy.

"Be glad that you don't have to do a lot of work around here. I do your parts too." Grace grumbled from where she stood.

"And whose fault is that? That's your payment for forcing me into getting this bloody job, which sucks hard by the way." I snapped at her. Grace turned her head and opened her mouth to give me an earful but Harry brushed by us just in time and I immediately called out to him. Anything to get away from this annoying conversation.

"Harry! This pub, is it always this busy on a daytime?" I asked him, despite guessing the answer.

Harry stopped and pulled a pint beside Grace, "No. These boys are all on their way to St. Andrews."

"To pray?" Grace asked and looked at me while I just shrugged. I didn't know shit about anything right now.

But Harry chuckled and shook his head. "That'll be the day. St. Andrews is a football ground. The Blues are playing," He replied and gestured at a group of four men, drinking beer and smoking near the door, "That's the forward line and the goalie, believe it or not." He continued and took his pint to his customer.

"This is so weird." Grace mumbled as she glanced at me.

"Trust me, you haven't seen weird," I mumbled, my brain going haywire, thinking when the fuck Grace was going to meet Thomas. Didn't the encounter happen after Arthur got brutally beaten up by Campbell and his men? But when had it happened? I didn't know.