CHAPTER 2

Ethan and Ava were cuddled together in their bed, basking in the warmth as they watched the snowflakes gently fall outside. Ava had always been enchanted by snow; every time it snowed, she would draw back the curtains of their expansive glass window, allowing her to watch the snowfall until she drifted into sleep.

"This is perfect..." Ava whispered, snuggling closer into Ethan's broad shoulder. His natural scent was like a signature perfume to her, comforting and familiar. Wrapped in his arms, she felt an overwhelming sense of security and love.

Ethan, with Ava's hand resting on his chest, smiled tenderly. "You've always loved being held like this, babe. It seems to be the magic trick to get you to sleep," he said with a soft chuckle. His laughter was like music to her ears, adding to the tranquility of the moment.

"Are you complaining, Mister Ethan Williams?" Ava teased playfully, looking up at him. "Remember, you're the one who got me used to this." She then playfully tickled his side, causing him to burst into laughter.

Their playful banter quickly turned into a tickle fight, both of them leaping out of bed and engaging in a joyous, childlike game. Since moving into their Manhattan apartment two years ago, Ethan and Ava's life together had been filled with such moments of spontaneous joy and happiness. Their home was a haven of love and laughter, a perfect world they had created together, away from the rest of the world.

As they paused, panting and laughing from their playful escapade, they shared a look that conveyed unspoken words. In that instant, Ethan closed the distance between them, capturing her lips with a kiss that spoke of deep longing. Ava responded with equal fervor, the intensity of their kiss reigniting a familiar, passionate flame.

Before they knew it, they found themselves back on the bed, lost in the heat of the moment. The room was filled with the sounds of their shared desire, an unbridled expression of their love and connection. The world outside faded away as they became wholly absorbed in each other, their bond as strong and fiery as ever.

Exhausted yet content, they lay there catching their breath after a night filled with passion. Neither had the energy to get dressed; instead, they simply pulled the blanket over themselves, covering their bare skin. Ava snuggled back against Ethan, who warmly wrapped his arms around her once more.

"I love you, Ethan," she whispered, her eyelids growing heavy with the pull of sleep.

He responded with a gentle kiss on her forehead. "I love you too, babe." In the comfort of each other's embrace, they both drifted off to sleep, a perfect end to their night together.

The morning sun streamed through the curtains of Ava and Ethan's bedroom, casting a warm glow over the room. Ava slowly opened her eyes, the clock on the bedside table showing that they had overslept. "Babe, wake up! We overslept!" she exclaimed, gently shaking him awake.

Ethan jolted upright, a look of surprise on his handsome face. "What? Oh no, I have an early shift at the hospital!" he blurted out, scrambling out of bed in a hurry.

The bedroom was suddenly a flurry of activity, with both of them rushing to get ready. Ava dashed to the kitchen to quickly make some breakfast. "Toast it is!" she declared, popping slices of bread into the toaster while Ethan hurriedly got dressed in the other room.

Ethan emerged from the bedroom, trying to tie his tie while simultaneously searching for his hospital badge. "Have you seen my badge?" he asked in a slightly panicked tone.

"Check the living room, I think you left it there last night!" Ava called out from the kitchen, flipping the toasts onto plates.

Ethan, finding his badge on the coffee table, let out a relieved sigh. "Found it!" he announced, rushing back to the kitchen.