Sickness

It was a annihilate match, the intensity of the round keep increasing each time. Phighters were killing each other to gain the highest points, all having fun, except for Medkit. He couldn't sleep because he needed to do his paperwork. Even worse, Subspace was on his team. He needed to heal his teammates who died after a few seconds and heal someone who took his eye.

He had planned not to heal Subspace during the match, but since he didn't want to lose, he decided to heal him. The match ended, and Medkit's team won by a 3-point difference. He was glad that his team won, but it was also a win for Subspace.

Subspace: "Just as I predicted!"

Subspace: "Aren't we a great team, Meddy?!"

Medkit: "Being a team with you is unnecessary. It's just luck; we can't be a *good* team."

Medkit replied with a hint of annoyance. The phighters were leaving, and Medkit wanted to do the same to get away from Subspace. But suddenly, he felt an extreme headache. He leaned on a nearby wall and touched his forehead.

Medkit: "Ugh, seriously... I hate fever so much."

Medkit tried to walk, but he definitely couldn't make his way to the train station. In the middle of walking, Medkit was about to fall, but someone grabbed his clothes from behind.

Subspace: "Ohhh, is the doctor sick? How unfortunate! Do you need help?"

Medkit quickly got away from Subspace, his facial expression showing disgust.

Medkit: "No. I'm not going to accept help from you, Subspace."

Subspace: "Aww, come on, Meddy! I'm trying to help!"

Medkit shook his head and was about to leave, but Subspace grabbed him by the wrist. His hand was really hot, not like a usual fever.

Subspace: "Meddy, you're definitely not okay! You have a high body temperature!"

Medkit: "And why do you care about that?"

Subspace: "Stupid, Medkit! I can't be careless about my own 'best friend'!"

Medkit: "We aren't friends at all."

Subspace: "Then can you even walk to the train station with this condition? No, you can't! Let me just help you this once!"

Medkit couldn't do anything but accept Subspace's offer. Subspace was right; he couldn't do anything with this condition, right? Medkit expected Subspace to hold him while walking, but Subspace suddenly carried Medkit in a bridal style, which surprised him.

Medkit: "What do you think you're doing?! PUT ME DOWN BEFORE SOMEONE SEES US."

Subspace: "Hmm? What? I cannot hear you, Meddy!"

Subspace casually carried Medkit into public. Medkit's face turned turquoise because of the embarrassing moment. The demons stared at them, confused. Why was the mad scientist carrying his own enemy like that? Medkit covered his face with his hands, which Subspace found cute.

Medkit hoped he wouldn't be noticed by some phighters. Unfortunately, the neon green phighter, Boombox, noticed them. Boombox's jaw dropped upon seeing Medkit being carried by someone he hated and blushing because of it. Boombox took a picture of them and posted it on the internet. (RIP BOOMBOX FOR LATER)

After a 27-minute ride, they finally arrived at Medkit's apartment. Medkit was surprised because Subspace knew where he lived. Was he stalking him? Medkit didn't want to think further because it would make his head hurt again. They both entered the apartment. Subspace turned on the light with one of his hands, still carrying Medkit.

Subspace: "Meddy, where's your room?"

Medkit pointed to a room right beside the living room. Subspace simply nodded. Medkit thought: Why did he let his sworn enemy enter his room? While Medkit was thinking about it, Subspace already put him down on the bed. Subspace went out of the room to grab cold water and a cloth. He then came back with them, putting the cloth in the cold water and placing it on Medkit's forehead.

Subspace: "Now, just go to sleep, Meddy! You need to rest!"

Medkit shook his head, not accepting Subspace's care. He thought Subspace would try to kill him when he was off guard.

Subspace: "I said rest, Meddy! It's for your own good!"

Medkit: "You're trying to kill me."

Subspace: "If I were trying to kill you, I would have done it from the beginning! I wouldn't do all these things if I were trying to kill you!"

Medkit: "You're trying to catch me off guard and try to gain my tru-"

Before Medkit could finish his sentence, Subspace put a finger to Medkit's lips to silence him.

Subspace: "Shh! Go rest before I kiss you!"

Medkit's cheeks turned turquoise because of that. He then closed his eyes and finally got a good rest. Medkit slept peacefully while Subspace stayed beside him. After a few minutes passed, Subspace heard a knock on the front door. He peeked and saw... SWORD AND ROCKET?!! The door might be locked, but they had the key to Medkit's apartment.

Subspace quickly went back to Medkit's room, kissed his cheek, and then got out of Medkit's apartment through the window. He used mist walk to get to the other building. He looked at Medkit from the window and smiled. Then he walked to the Blackrock bus stop.

-the end

Also still RIP boombox🥰