Chapter 2: Mental Match

3rd person POV

Robin: "Now this is something."

Artemis and Robin were observing the crashed alien space ship while the rest of The Team was coordinating assistance in helping those who were buried in the rubble and putting out the flames.

Artemis: "it's definitely something not human-built, if that's what you mean."

Robin: "Are you thinking aliens?"

Artemis: "I'm not thinking, I'm saying. Come on, I doubt Lex or anyone who's a member of The Light could make something like this.

Robin: "True, if it was lexcorp, then we'd have found some sort of giant L or kryptonite, I'm just surprised your first idea was alien."

The flames began to die down, but the metal was still hot, Kid Flash immediately rushed in... before immediately running out and lifting one foot and then the other.

Kid Flash: "Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!!"

Artemis: "That's what you get for rushing in! For all you knew, a landmine could've been in their and you would have more than hot feet!"

Superboy, Miss Martian, Zatanna, and Aqualad joined the three and snickered at the sight of Kid Flash getting scolded.

Zatanna: "looc sih teef!"

Kid Flash immediately stopped fidgeting and sighed in satisfaction, but this still didn't stop Artemis.

Aqualad: "I believe you got your point across, Artemis, I have a means of entry that won't burn."

Aqualad then used a nearby fire hydrant to summon some cool water before spreading all across the metallic floors and walls of the nautiloid.

Zatanna: "There, no burns for the rest of us."

Miss Martian began to grab her head and groan in pain, superboy was quick to her side and doing whatever he could to cool her pain

Aqualad: "What is it, Miss Martian?"

Miss Martian: "I'm... I'm not sure myself. It's gone now, but it felt like something was calling from inside the ship."

Superboy: "... I don't hear anything."

Robin: "it could be possible that you heard someone's thoughts?"

Kid Flash: "If someone's in there and what are we doing standing around!?"

Aqualad: "Charging in without enough information will only result in their death and our injury"

Miss Martian: "I don't hear them anyway, if it was someone... they're already gone."

The Team was briefly silent at a potential civilians' death, but Aqualad pushed on.

Aqualad: "Zatanna, Superboy, Robin, and I will search the wreckage for any bodies and whatever can tell us of its creation. Everyone else remains outside and helps wherever necessary."

Robin: "Stay vigilant. Whoever was piloting this couldn't have gone far without leaving a trail, and I don't think they'd like us poking around."

Superboy, Zatanna Robin, and Aqualad entered the wreckage while the rest remained outside, Kid Flash and Artemis took to doing a perimeter check around the area while Miss Martian, using her Psychic powers, reached out for any brainwaves that were unknown... and she found a match.

Miss Martian: "Hello?... Hello? are you OK?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mind Flayer POV