eleven

That following morning Bruce woke up to his alarm. If it weren't for his stupid  in-school suspension he'd just stay home.

After getting ready, he went downstairs where he ate a bowl of cereal. He then walked to his front door to put on his shoes. Bruce didn't have to leave for another five minutes, but he walked outside anyways.

It was just as cold as it was last night, this time he wore a sweater so he felt fine. Bruce swung his backpack over his shoulder and started walking his bike down the driveway. He had Vance's jacket and  cassette tape in his backpack.

"Wait!" Bruce heard someone shouting. He turned his head towards his house to see Amy running outside. She was fully dressed and had her backpack, even though her school started an hour later than Bruce's.

"Why're you leaving right now?" Bruce asked her once she reached him.

"Because i'm meeting up with my friends and we were going to hang out a bit before school," Amy said, walking next to Bruce. "Why'd you leave the house at two in morning?" She asked.

"What? I didn't," Bruce lied.

"I literally watched you leave. I was downstairs taking a book from dads office and when I left the room I watched you leaving. I got a little worried, but not enough to really care where you going so I read downstairs and you came back inside at like four thirty and you just went straight upstairs," Amy said.

"Oh. I'm very aware what I did when I got back. You should've been sleeping, it was late," Bruce said instead of telling her what happened.

"Shut up, you should've been too. I looked in your room to ask you about it and you just looked very freaked out so I went to my room. What happened?" Amy said.

"None of your business," Was all Bruce said to her.

"Whatever. Bye rat," Amy said and turned the opposite way Bruce was going. He sighed and kept walking.

Arriving at school, he had five minutes to spare. Usually he'd have more time but he was walking slower than he normally would. He'd probably have been quicker if he rode his bike instead of walking next to it.

He waited out three minutes talking to a friend before they both had to leave or they'd be late.

Bruce entered the class a minute before the bell, thankful to see Vance already sitting. Bruce unzipped his backpack and took out what was Vances.

As Bruce walked past Vances desk, he put down the jacket and the tape. He then walked to the second row of desks where he sat.

He was hoping that Vance wouldn't be too mad. Bruce didn't look at his face so he had no clue how angry he must've looked.

Vance, however, wasn't mad at all. In fact, he was amused by how Bruce was acting. Vance figured Bruce thought he'd want to fight him after that. Vance didn't, in fact, he wouldn't mind doing it again.

Throughout the day, Bruce didn't once look at Vance. When they were allowed to leave, Bruce tried to be quick to get outside, but Vance was right behind him.

Bruce unlocked his bike from the rack. He fumbled to get the lock undone, so when he did and turned around, he saw Vance standing behind his bike.

Bruce looks down at his bike, "I'm really sorry. I don't know why I did that," Bruce said. He didn't want to say he didn't mean it, because that wasn't true.

He pulled his bike out and started walking down towards the sidewalk, not once daring to look at Vance.

"Hold on," Vance said. Bruce glanced up, seeing Vance standing next to him. Bruce wanted to get on his bike and leave as  quickly as he could because he was undoubtedly petrified. But, he didn't.