-Flashback- | First Impressions, in fact, definitely matters (Part 1)

It's been more than a week since Alex (was forced to) told his parents about his encounter with an Alpha and the claim he put on him.

Alex has still met Henry a couple of times at their gym since then, and they're more often talking trivial things and flirting lightly through Whatsapp, but Alex never once talked about it. One day, during their weight exercise routine, Alex finally told and persuaded Henry to come after his house so Henry could meet his parents and sister and have dinner with them.

"I wish I could," Henry said, apologetically, "but I've been busy these past couple of weeks. I also got an overseas meeting that I have to attend. I told you that I don't even have time to come here and exercise."

"True. But they really wanted to meet you, hoping that you're not a fraud," Alex sighed.

Their concerns were valid. After all, with Alex's status as an Omega, his parents didn't want just anyone to marry him. There are faux Alphas anywhere in this world and they don't want Alex to marry the wrong ones.

They are also afraid that if Alex breaks up with Henry in the middle of the relationship, he might get a large bill consisting of gym membership fees which are not small in amount, not to mention that he would be forced to return the expensive items he received, including that Fendi cufflinks. But Alex didn't tell him that.

"I get what you mean, but I guarantee that I am 100% real."

"Okay," Alex raised his eyebrows. "But how are you going to prove it in front of my parents?"

"First impressions matter, Alex. I wanted to make sure that your parents are charmed by me."

"Okay, but please, no funny business," Alex was almost this close to begging. "And I am begging you. Please do not run away from me."

"I won't, Alex. I promise."

Two weeks after the conversation, Alex didn't see him at the gym at all. Alex is feeling the same things every time Henry isn't there.

One day, around after the two week absence period, while working and revising on numbers given by his father's incompetent employees, Alex got a phone call from some unknown number.

It was at that time that phone calls that could steal your bank details didn't exist. So, Alex just casually picked up the number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Alex. It's me, Henry. Is this a bad time?"

"Henry. What are the odds!" Alex exclaimed. "And by the way, what's with that number?"

"Oh, it's just a number my people get me, no big deal." Henry said dismissively. "Listen, I just got myself some free time as my meeting ended earlier than anticipated, and I will fly back to Jakarta in a few moments. I'll bring you something from my overseas trip, and I'll meet your parents tonight."

"Fly back? What do you mean fly back? Where are you?"

"I'm in Ha Noi, Vietnam. I'm overseeing my project."

"Why?"

"Because I had to?"

It is best for Alex not to ask anything, so he kept quiet.

"Alright, then. So, you said you're in Vietnam, but how are you going to...?"

"Just wait and see, love. I will be in your house at half past seven. See you soon. Love you."

"Love you too," Alex said, trying to conceal his confused tone. Henry then hung up immediately.

Alex looked at his phone, confused.