chapter 12 - falling in love pt 1

A few months later :

Xavier pov :

Bye Destiny daddy is going to work, bye daddy, be good, don't stress granny, okay daddy love you, love you too sweety, I get in my car and drive to work. A few minutes later I'm at my office working, after a few hours I got out of work and went to my favorite café, hi sir what can I get for you, can I get the..., I froze, I looked at the girl and she was very beautiful, ummmm sir, oh sorry, can I get a coffee and a chocolate chip muffin, okay sir I'll be back with your order.

Laila :

A few minutes of waiting the young lady comes back with my coffee and muffin, uhh thank you, okay sir

A few minutes of waiting the young lady comes back with my coffee and muffin, uhh thank you, okay sir. She went to serve other customers, I kept starring at her while she was serving other people, she noticed me starring and I quickly stared at my coffee, yeah it was love at first site, she came back with my bill, here is your bill sir, umm thank, I paid and gave her the bill and tipped her. She looked at her tip and thanked me. She was about to leave but I called her again, umm miss, it's Laila, oh um Laila I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me tomorrow after your shift, she smiled at me and said yes, I'll pick you up after your shift.

I left the café and got in my car, I drove home, when I got I saw Destiny watching TV, hey honey, hi daddy how was work, it was great honey where's granny, she's in her room asleep, okay let daddy change and we'll watch TV together, okay daddy. I went upstairs and changed into something simple, after changing I went downstairs and sat next to Destiny, daddy let's watch Barbie, okay sweety.

Xaviers outfit lol :

A few hours of watching the movie Destiny fell asleep, I picked up Destiny and took her to her bedroom, I put her in her bed and put a blanket over, goodnight Destiny, I said as kissed her forehead, she beautiful when she was sleeping, I also went...

A few hours of watching the movie Destiny fell asleep, I picked up Destiny and took her to her bedroom, I put her in her bed and put a blanket over, goodnight Destiny, I said as kissed her forehead, she beautiful when she was sleeping, I also went In my bedroom and fell asleep immediately.

The next day :

I woke up Destiny, wake up honey you have preschool today, I don't wanna go daddy I wanna stay at home and sleep the whole day, you can't honey wake up imma go prepare breakfast for you, I went downstairs and made breakfast for Destiny, here honey eat, thanks daddy, she ate all her breakfast and went to get ready for school.

A few minutes after she was done getting ready, I drove her to school and came back home to get ready for work. Bye mom I'm going to work, okay bye sweety, I left for work, (at work), Mr Crossgrove you getting a promotion today, I smiled as the manager told me, thank you so much sir, this promotion means a lot, no problem Mr Crossgrove, my shift was over and I went to pick up Laila from her shift.

Hey Laila are you ready for the date, yea I am by the way I didn't get your name, oh I'm Xavier, okay cool, we went to a fancy restaurant, reservations for Mr Crossgrove, we went to our table, thank you for agreeing on this date, no problem, so Laila tell me about yourself, okay, I was born in Brooklyn and I don't have kids, I'm 17 years old a junior in high, but I work to pay my school fee's, I have one ex, I live with my dad but he's a drunken, he's always drunk and I think that's all. I looked at her with pitty, what about you Xavier, I'm 18 years old, I'm a senior in school, I live with my mom and daughter, I have many exes, too many to count, she looked at me, what about your daughter's mom, where is she, I looked at her with a tear rolling down my eye, well my daughter's mother died shortly after giving birth to her, she looked at me with pity, I'm sorry that happened to you, that's fine, I said as I wiped my tears, we spoke about other stuff.

After the dinner I dropped her home and went home too, hi Destiny, hi daddy, how was school, it was great daddy I made new friends today, that's good sweety, I went upstairs and texted Laila.

The texts :

Xavier :hey Laila .

Laila :hey Xavier, can you please come fetch my dad beat me up for coming home late 😭.

Xavier :I'm coming stay there.

Laila :thanks Xavier.

End of texts

I ran downstairs and got in my car, I drove to Lailas house, when I got there I saw her outside on her porch crying, I quickly got out my car and helped her get inside, hey don't cry your safe now, she looked at me and stopped crying, we drove back to my house, we got inside and my mom saw her, Xavier who's she, mom she's my friend I told her to live with us for as long as she needed, my mom looked at her and, she noticed her bruises, ate you okay honey, yes mam I just fell and got hurt, okay sweety, I'm Sandra Xaviers mom, I'm Laila, Xavier take her upstairs, okay mom.

We went upstairs and we saw my daughter in my room playing with her toys, hey Destiny, hey daddy, who is the pretty lady, she's Laila dear, she's gonna be staying with us, okay daddy, Destiny stands up and hugs Laila, hi Laila I'm Destiny, hi sweety you look cute, thank you, after introducing Laila to Destiny I showed Laila her bedroom, you'll be sleeping here Laila, thank you Xavier, no problem goodnight Lalia, goodnight Xavier, I went out her room and went to Destiny's room, time to sleep missy, okay daddy goodnight, goodnight sweetheart .