10. Play Hard

"Hello? Can someone tell me what's going on?" I shut the door behind me.

Jay looked at me, almost as if he was melting, eyes immediately glazed over. Joey stared at me, wordless, an angry fog covering his brain, preventing speech for a few moments. Finally he spoke up, "I was just going to tell you something you needed to know."

"Open your mouth again, and I will kill you!" Jay grabs his collar again, shoving him further into the trophy case behind them, his full attention on Joey again.

"It's too early for this, what do you have to tell me?" I step forward with caution, "Guys, don't hurt each other. Let's talk, okay. Let him go."

"Listen, Jessica," Joey breaks away, touching the leather on my shoulders, "I caught Jay...He was imagining dirty things about you....Touching....himself. To you. He's bad for you, he shouldn't be doing those things."

I cover my mouth, trying to hide my laughter. Jay just throws his head back, whispering something to the sky. April was feral, Will having a laughter breakdown as Sam holds him up. Joey appeared to be the only one taking this seriously. Even Jaylen, through his embarrassment, cracked a smile.

Ryan was snacking on strawberries as she watched, her metaphorical popcorn.

"Oh yeah? Hm, I'll have to talk to him," I scoff, "Absolutely disgusting! Why would you do that!" I glare, humor in my eyes as I look at him.

He looked at me with a dreadful expression, mouth gaping open.

"You know what! I'll talk to you later, i'm too upset to look at you. I fall asleep, get some well deserved rest and that's what you think of! unbelievable!" I cross my arms, his jacket making a small squeak.

He glared, going to speak but I put a finger over his mouth, my laugh letting loose.

"Shhhhhhhhh! You're a bad person," I giggle, falling into his chest from laughter, pushing away, "No! Bad!" I continue laughing, walking to my first period class in pure laughter.

Hoooooly shit. I mutter to myself.

Will met me in first, giving me a long hug. Ryan following after, "Honey," She giggles, "That man was begging for you last night, you have him wrapped around your tiny little finger," Her arm slings around my shoulders, Will joining us as we make our way across class.

"Enough about me, I don't know what I'm doing with my life, Will. How's Sam and you going?"

"Our date was Fantastic! He brought me flowers and we just had some real fun! I brought him back to my place after and...yeah, it was fun!" His hands clapped together in exited happiness.

Ryan nudges him, "Anything happen at the Viotto house? Some headboards squeaking? Maybe a little—."

"No, Ryan, no. We kissed but no headboards squeaked. I think I want to take him out next week, maybe make things official...." He chuckles, "I donno yet."

The teacher calls for class to start, I gave Will a small side eye, he mocks me, "You won't make things official with Jay, so i'm taking my time!"

"I haven't gone on a date with Jay," I hiss, "Hush!"

Joey didn't speak to me, he must be angry about me and Jay, I don't know why he would be. Must be some big brother type thing. I donno. Whatever it is, he doesn't have to worry about. I think Jay is a fuckboy with a small heart. I doubt he's the dating type.

During lunch, he smiled awkwardly at me. I smiled back, a typical happy smile. "You're not upset?" He scratches the back of his neck.

I giggle, "I was laying on top of you in my underwear. Hell, i'm surprised you made it home," I joke with a wink.