[ 𝟐 ] . . . lost dreams

FORELSKET
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cho min-ji and hong woo-jin

The soft glow of dawn seeped through the partially drawn curtains, casting a muted palette of pastels across Min-ji's room. The morning light gently nudged her into consciousness, unraveling the tendrils of sleep that still clung to her senses. As her eyes fluttered open, she squinted against the subtle intrusion of sunlight, adjusting to the new day ahead.

A yawn escaped Min-ji's lips as she stretched her limbs, a ritualistic attempt to shake off the remnants of sleep. Her gaze landed on the clock perched on the bedside table, the realization of a new day brought with it the familiar weight of responsibilities and the ceaseless rhythm of balancing work, family, and the unpredictable nature of life.

Just as Min-ji contemplated the tasks awaiting her, her phone buzzed on the nightstand. The screen flickered to life, revealing an unknown number that sparked a subtle twinge of curiosity and anticipation. Her eyebrows furrowed as she answered the call, his voice echoing through the receiver with an infectious energy.

"Hey, Min-ji! What're you doing today?" Gun-woo's cheerful greeting resonated through the line, an unexpected but welcomed interruption to the solitude of the morning. His enthusiasm was like a beacon, momentarily diverting Min-ji from the weight of her responsibilities.

"I just woke up and was about to eat something, how did you get my number, Woo?" Min-ji questioned, her voice still coated with the remnants of drowsiness.

"I asked my mom, duh. Let's hang out. I thought you needed a break from reality," Gun-woo chirped, allowing Min-ji to hear the grin beaming on his face through the phone. How could she say no? Gun-woo had the babiest face of baby faces, and she would never want to offend him or hurt his feelings, especially after the favor he had lent her the night before.

Min-ji couldn't help but smile at his infectious enthusiasm, even if it did disrupt her morning routine. "A break from reality, huh? Does that include escaping the eternal struggle of our ramen diet?"

Gun-woo laughed, the sound carrying genuine warmth. "I can't promise anything, but either way, come along. It should be fun."

She pondered for a moment, weighing the comfort of her bed against the prospect of a change in scenery. Finally, relenting, she sighed, "Alright, alright. Give me some time to transform from a sleep-deprived zombie into a presentable human being. And no judging my bedhead, Rookie of the Year."

Gun-woo chuckled, "Deal. I'll text you the address. See you soon, Min!" The call ended, leaving Min-ji with a delightful blend of amusement and anticipation as she pondered the unexpected turn her morning had taken.

With a newfound energy, the young girl sprang out of bed, determined to make the most of this spontaneous outing. She shuffled to the bathroom, where the mirror reflected a sleep-rumpled version of herself. A swift shower, a hastily applied touch of makeup, and her reflection transformed into someone ready to face the world.

Eager to shed the remnants of sleep, Min-ji opted for a lively ensemble that mirrored her shifting mood. She embraced a comfortable yet vibrant style, donning a loose-fitting white sweatshirt paired with comfortable yet baggy jeans. Layered with a light pink puffer vest, her look received a trendy update. The essential finishing touch came in the form of her beloved Pink Paisley Dunks—the only real shoe she owns—adding a playful element to her attire. With each piece of silver jewelry gracefully adorning her, a subtle sparkle emerged, contributing to the overall charm of her ensemble.