[ 𝟓 ] . . . training session

FORELSKET
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
cho min-ji and hong woo-jin

Woo-jin stirred on the unfamiliar couch, the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, he gradually recalled the events of the previous night—bringing Min-ji home, sharing a heartfelt conversation, and ensuring she felt safe. His gaze fell on the empty couch next to him, a gentle smile forming as he remembered the vulnerable moment they had shared.

He recalled the walk back to her apartment. The city was quiet, and the night held a calm stillness as they trekked down the streets together. Woo-jin's comforting presence offered solace to Min-ji, who had bared her soul about the pain she carried. As they reached her apartment, he remembered the hesitant moment before she unlocked the door, the weight of her emotions evident.

"Thank you for being here," she had whispered, her eyes reflecting gratitude and exhaustion. Woo-jin had simply nodded, understanding the unspoken connection that had formed between them that night.

As he turned to leave, making his way toward the door, he whispered a soft, "Goodnight." Just as he took a couple of steps, he felt a gentle but firm grip on his forearm—Min-ji's hand.

"Wait," she murmured, her eyes holding a mix of gratitude and something he couldn't quite decipher.

Woo-jin turned back to face her, a questioning look in his eyes. "Everything okay?"

Min-ji hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Would you... stay?"

Woo-jin raised an eyebrow, surprised by the request. "Stay? Like, here?"

She nodded, a slight blush of embarrassment coloring her cheeks. "Yeah, just... for tonight. I don't want to be alone, and you've been so kind. Please?"

Woo-jin's expression softened, and he couldn't refuse her genuine plea. "Of course, Min. I'll stay."

With a reassuring smile, he followed her into the apartment, ready to spend the night making sure she felt safe and supported. Woo-jin watched as she made her way down a hallway, contemplating whether or not he should follow. Deciding to stay put on the couch, he took a moment to absorb the details of her living room.

It was a cozy space, adorned with simple yet inviting elements—a TV, not the largest but sufficient, throw pillows and a blanket scattered along the couch, a pleasant rug, lively plants, and a coffee table at the room's center. As he took in the surroundings, he sensed a warmth in the atmosphere, a reflection of Min-ji's personality.

Her footsteps echoed down the hall as she returned, now draped in a large sweater with shorts underneath, fuzzy socks, and her hair tossed up into a messy bun. The casual attire seemed to add to the comforting ambiance of her home.

"You can come back there now," she said, gesturing to the hallway. Woo-jin rose from the couch, following her down the hallway. As he passed one of the rooms, music erupted from behind the door—likely Min-ji's sister, he assumed. Upon entering Min-ji's bedroom, he was greeted with a cozy space. Fairy lights adorned the walls, tapestries and posters covering them, and a white comforter with a pink and white checkered blanket lay atop her bed, surrounded by an assortment of stuffed animals. An ottoman in the corner of the room, opposite the bed, invited him to sit.